CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Posts 61 to 70 of 76
  1. #61

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    101,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stonehenge View Post
    Looks like HMRC are already on to it.

    Disguised remuneration: schemes claiming to avoid the loan charge (Spotlight 49) - GOV.UK

    • be marketed from an off-shore location such as Cyprus, Malta or Isle of Man, claiming to avoid the 5 April 2019 loan charge legislation
    • claim that by entering the scheme, your disguised remuneration loans are paid off
    • claim that the scheme is not disclosable under the Disclosure Of Tax Avoidance Schemes regime, and may have benefited from a QC opinion
    • may have professional marketing material, including a website
    And they say the same about TAA......

  2. #62

  3. #63

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    152

    Default

    All his links I expect are purely coincidental. I mean why wouldn't Amazon do business with a small family run advertising business.

  4. #64

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dammit chloe View Post
    All his links I expect are purely coincidental. I mean why wouldn't Amazon do business with a small family run advertising business.
    Yes, you're right, it's very common! In the old days most MPs at least waited until they weren't acting member of Parliament before engaging in this kind of behavior. What an age we live in! At this rate they'll be a hell of a kickback from society at some point in the near future.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I know none of the details.
    I doubt just about anyone else does either, especially the suckers who believe this nonsense.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

  6. #66

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I doubt just about anyone else does either, especially the suckers who believe this nonsense.
    I can't find the page now but there was a complete description of what it was about and how it worked. Seems like it was about phoenixing a loan in a way that didn't trigger Loan Charge under terms that didn't leave you liable. I know that sounds obvious but there were details of the appropriate relevant steps.

    It may work it may not but there will be a long court battle either way. Which was also clearly stated.

    Seems more like a kick the can approach. Even if technically legal suspect HMRC can twist some arms to catch it.

  7. #67

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    101,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dammit chloe View Post
    I can't find the page now but there was a complete description of what it was about and how it worked. Seems like it was about phoenixing a loan in a way that didn't trigger Loan Charge under terms that didn't leave you liable. I know that sounds obvious but there were details of the appropriate relevant steps.

    It may work it may not but there will be a long court battle either way. Which was also clearly stated.

    Seems more like a kick the can approach. Even if technically legal suspect HMRC can twist some arms to catch it.
    Those in TAA are 11 years in without an end in sight. Or hardly a start in sight come to that.

    If you can afford to settle then great. If not, then you have to fight.

    Hopefully the JR will succeed and this will all prove irrelevant. I suppose now the 5th April deadline is passed. You are either in it or not. So we will have to wait and see. Though I expect to be dead by the time the outcome is known.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dammit chloe View Post
    I can't find the page now but there was a complete description of what it was about and how it worked. Seems like it was about phoenixing a loan in a way that didn't trigger Loan Charge under terms that didn't leave you liable. I know that sounds obvious but there were details of the appropriate relevant steps.

    It may work it may not but there will be a long court battle either way. Which was also clearly stated.

    Seems more like a kick the can approach. Even if technically legal suspect HMRC can twist some arms to catch it.
    Maybe you're right. Though from experience, I'd say the devil is in the (undisclosed) detail here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that in the public domain, what's declared is in fact, just as likely to be completely incorrect. Why would that be? All part of the effort to side step and mislead the tax authorities who no dobut are investigating the scheme(s) while we read here. Sorry, but I think now is definitely not the time to trust or be naive in anyway about something as serious as deliberate, serious tax avoidance, maybe bordering on wilfull evasion. (Refer HMRC tax spotlights for example). Believe me, a scheme to fix a scheme is going to fail big time and users will face penalties like you've never seen before. It's high stakes this time around.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

  9. #69

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Maybe you're right. Though from experience, I'd say the devil is in the (undisclosed) detail here. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that in the public domain, what's declared is in fact, just as likely to be completely incorrect. Why would that be? All part of the effort to side step and mislead the tax authorities who no dobut are investigating the scheme(s) while we read here. Sorry, but I think now is definitely not the time to trust or be naive in anyway about something as serious as deliberate, serious tax avoidance, maybe bordering on wilfull evasion. (Refer HMRC tax spotlights for example). Believe me, a scheme to fix a scheme is going to fail big time and users will face penalties like you've never seen before. It's high stakes this time around.
    Maybe. I would say both sides of the tax divide are as bad as each other at perpetuating the average joe's misery and just as likely to be right/wrong. The only difference is that HMRC is Government backed which is a very big trump card.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Maybe. I would say both sides of the tax divide are as bad as each other at perpetuating the average joe's misery and just as likely to be right/wrong. The only difference is that HMRC is Government backed which is a very big trump card.
    Agreed. How can average Joe win against the goverment? They make the rules. They have all the money and resources. The game's as good as over. All you can really do is fight a rear guard action. And hope for the best.
    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •