• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CALL TO ACTION: Loan Charge debate on Thursday the 11th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Believe me, a scheme to fix a scheme is going to fail big time and users will face penalties like you've never seen before.
    That would be a prime candidate for the GAAR. Penalty up to 60%.

Penalties: GAAR - RossMartin.co.uk/
    Last edited by stonehenge; 17 April 2019, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
      That would be a prime candidate for the GAAR. Penalty up to 60%.

Penalties: GAAR - RossMartin.co.uk/
      Absolutely. 100%
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
        Agreed. How can average Joe win against the goverment? They make the rules. They have all the money and resources. The game's as good as over. All you can really do is fight a rear guard action. And hope for the best.
        LCAG have done a brilliant job. And I have high hopes for the JR.

Agreed though - its a high barrier to get over.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          LCAG have done a brilliant job. And I have high hopes for the JR.

Agreed though - its a high barrier to get over.
          Why do you have high hopes? I have not seen the detailed arguments but JRs on retrospective tax from a human rights perspective are never successful. There is nothing that prevents retrospective tax law been applied in any UK/European court.
          MPs forcing change are the only hope in my view and this is only a slightly higher chance than above as there are maybe 200 MPs so far that support v 430 MPs who dont.

Comment

Originally posted by wilks View Post
            Why do you have high hopes? I have not seen the detailed arguments but JRs on retrospective tax from a human rights perspective are never successful. There is nothing that prevents retrospective tax law been applied in any UK/European court.
            MPs forcing change are the only hope in my view and this is only a slightly higher chance than above as there are maybe 200 MPs so far that support v 430 MPs who dont.
            +1

I hope they've got something other than HR.

Comment

Originally posted by wilks View Post
              I only have high hopes from what I have heard on the JR. I agree though its a high hurdle to cross.

Re MPs. Lets say 430 MPs did support LCAG. That would not be enough. To vote against Treasury is vote against the government. MPs will not force a GE on this.

Comment

Working...
              X