• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Professional advice?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional advice?

I can't believe this hadn't been asked already.
    Can anyone suggest a company/individual for professional advice on this situation?

I've been out of the country for a year and only just seen a letter from HMRC. The umbrella company I used has reiterated that I am NOT in scope as I was directly employed and not employed through a third party but, to be frank, I don't trust their word.

Please, any advice on someone I can speak to in order to understand if I'm in scope or not?

Thanks,
    M

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    I can't believe this hadn't been asked already.
    Can anyone suggest a company/individual for professional advice on this situation?

I've been out of the country for a year and only just seen a letter from HMRC. The umbrella company I used has reiterated that I am NOT in scope as I was directly employed and not employed through a third party but, to be frank, I don't trust their word.

Please, any advice on someone I can speak to in order to understand if I'm in scope or not?

Thanks,
    M

Do you want me to ask Admin to change your username Anthony?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Most people contact Graham(webberg on CUK) or Phil( phil@dswtres dot com). I think those are the only two that can be suggested?

This part of the forum is heavily moderated - but still please do be careful. Advice is often worth what you pay for it. And on CUK it is free.

Comment

I can't believe this hadn't been asked already. Can anyone suggest a company/individual for professional advice on this situation?
        [/URL]
        There are loads, try Google.

However there's one company who patrols these forums, works for a one off fee, and once settled will help release/waiver/remove the actual loan from your name.

And reassuringly will almost certainly have experience on a case the same as yours (same scheme promoter, agency, etc). Look for WTT / Webberg. They even give a free 30 min chat. I'm using them.

I wouldn't bother with the other name mentioned anymore.

Comment

Cojak - no, why?

Thanks I'll try Weberg.

Comment

Sorry some posters feel that LCAG has the credibility of a weasel.

Still, Graham has also taken considerable flack on CUK. Quite unfairly IMO. Shoot the messenger.

Comment

Cojak - no, why?

Thanks I'll try Weberg.

Because only an idiot uses a forum username that can be linked back to their real name..... oh!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Because only an idiot uses a forum username that can be linked back to their real name..... oh!
                Just as well no-one is allowed to mention your real name is it Mr John Smith?

Opppsssss

Comment

So I'm an idiot because you think AnthonyB is my real name or I'd be an idiot to change it?
                  If you think you've got some helpful advice it would be great to get a private message from you.
                  Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Last edited by AnthonyB; 17 April 2019, 08:47.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Sorry some posters feel that LCAG has the credibility of a weasel.

Still, Graham has also taken considerable flack on CUK. Quite unfairly IMO. Shoot the messenger.
                    Not LCAG, who I greatly admire. Just Phil Manley peddling schemes from Cyprus.

Comment

Working...
                    X