• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Their Lordships examine the "Loan Charge"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by here4beer View Post
    Something has. This area of the forum used to be a mad frenzy of 'help me' requests. Now it's dead in here...
    CUK is a public forum. So a great place for people to meet up. To talk anything serious, you need a private forum i.e. LCAG.

There is the odd straggler coming through here and there. But by and large CUK Loans is dead. The focus will now move to private sector reforms.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
      I wouldn't bet on it but I think there will be an opportunity if they go depending on who replaces. While they are there there won't be any chance.
      Id agree with this. I don't think its any secret that the Lords 'roundtable event' which occurred included myself. This was for obvious reasons in that they could hardly have the cameras on due to my past employment. This isn't said to big myself up - in fact quite the opposite I guess, if I had such (any) influence then let the cameras roll.
      What did come out of this meeting however is the genuine disgust the Lords had towards this whole shambles. I'm not overstepping my rights when I state that Lord Forsyth is v clearly disgusted by the whole matter.
      However, as DC states, Old podgy and spreadsheet aren't going to back down. They simply cant as to do so now would be to admit previously lying to parliament and of course they wont do that. Once they have dug a hole so deep the only way out is to keep digging.
      My own thoughts though are that politicians worry about 1 thing ahead of everything else and that is their own career. Once May goes (as she clearly is doing) then Hammond goes. Once Hammond goes then PP goes as hes simply a puppet for Hammond (im not sure he realises just yet but his recent comment about the LC preceding him indicates he's catching on).
      Now that means the next person in his role has 2 options - 1/take on a role and be instantly hated by 100k families or 2/take on a role and be a hero way beyond what is normal in such circles.
      Like I say, they always look after themselves, this time such a thing may be useful. We have big hitters such as DD publicly stating that he will only endorse people if they assist our fight.

All of this means, whilst its still an uphill battle its one with genuine hope. Though to turn that hope into reality we must hope, pray, vote that the above changes occur.

Comment

Working...
      X