• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DSW Tax Resolutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well a few tweets doesn't really take up much time, let's be honest about that.

I have no problem contacting him but agree that followups and getting stuff done is more difficult.

He is at the centre of much which is going on in applying pressure to HMRC. I think, and I think he thinks, that the Loan Charge is close to a breaking point. Note that both candidates for next PM have just said a review is needed although Boris was much more unequivocal about it.

Think he is guilty of over-promising, don't think he is being deliberately difficult.

Comment

Phil can only do what he can and he can't force HMRC to fix things. He is on it constantly on it. Nor can he constantly update people as his time is better spent doing the actual work.

Comment

It's worth stating that Phil also mentioned/tweeted last week that Boris would be onside so hes obviously doing things he doesnt tell even me in detail.

I've reason to believe hes made huge inroads and it's unlikely that a week ago he suddenly became a right wing tory and supported Boris and (interestingly for reasons he only says will become obvious) Rees Mogg.

Comment

Boris has been known for some time to be more onside ( look at his campaign team ) so not sure that is any special knowledge. The vast majority of the political side of things is done by LCAG and Phil is not part of that. Phil is doing his own complementary thing to destabilise HMRC.

Comment

Originally posted by badzmaru View Post
            I need some serious help now, I’ve got HMRC who have changed my tax code and taking money directly from me and they’ve now got debt collectors chasing me.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
            Have you considered going to the press? Stride stood up and said no one would be made bankrupt from LC, you have debt collectors after you.
            Media like “just another lying politician” story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheInvoicer View Post
              Have you considered going to the press? Stride stood up and said no one would be made bankrupt from LC, you have debt collectors after you.
              Media like “just another lying politician” story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Technically Stride said that HMRC wouldn't make anyone bankrupt. He didn't mention the debt collectors. At least he's moved on to a new role.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                It's worth stating that Phil also mentioned/tweeted last week that Boris would be onside so hes obviously doing things he doesnt tell even me in detail.

I've reason to believe hes made huge inroads and it's unlikely that a week ago he suddenly became a right wing tory and supported Boris and (interestingly for reasons he only says will become obvious) Rees Mogg.
                Mogg has long been a supporter of scrapping the loan charge.

Comment

FWIW, I have appointed an excellent alternative to the usual suspects feted on here.

The company I appointed simply knock spots off Graham Webberg and his colleagues as well as DSW.

In the event you are requiring late assistance with this matter, please feel free to PM me for their details.

Comment

Originally posted by APNMISERY21 View Post
                    FWIW, I have appointed an excellent alternative to the usual suspects feted on here.

The company I appointed simply knock spots off Graham Webberg and his colleagues as well as DSW.

In the event you are requiring late assistance with this matter, please feel free to PM me for their details.
                    Please do share here. Why the need for secrecy?

Comment

Originally posted by APNMISERY21 View Post

Your posting history is strange, 14 posts,all commenting on advisors, DSW/Phil are great, then a year later Phil is rubbish and so are WTT, no post on any other subject.
                      Makes me think that you may be related to Phil/DSW of old, so bigged him up whilst you were in partnership, now Phil is on his own , you disparage WTT and Phil, and have found a great new advisor, care to enlighten us who it is?

Comment

Working...
                      X