• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DSW Tax Resolutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Not new news. Time will tell if any of HMRCs spoon fed press release actually mean anything. There are some issues with the article that the journalist may have to defend in court.

I'm no fan of the scheme but I suspect HMRC is trying to distract people from the real point recently. What with Mel Stride and his puppies and all.
    Phil started with what looked like good intentions. Provided some healthy competition to WTT and offered a good amount of free advice / debate. Fair play.

And now all that credibility has drained away with this scheme. A scheme to fix a scheme? And him using his privileged position as an adviser to sell them? Please. All the while whilst throwing his toys out of the pram on Twitter and insulting (at least five times a day) the man who is in a position to help people affected by the loan charge. Now it would appear he's made a splash in The Times. What a fall from grace...

Comment

Shoot the messenger(well in fact shoot the people who can help) seems to be all that some affected by LC can do. Webberg gets similar on a regular basis.

A shame really they cannot turn their ire on HMRC. LCAG might get somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Shoot the messenger(well in fact shoot the people who can help) seems to be all that some affected by LC can do. Webberg gets similar on a regular basis.

A shame really they cannot turn their ire on HMRC. LCAG might get somewhere.
        While I am not overly keen on his tone towards Mel Stride on Twitter, I have always thought he had the best of intentions.

The fact the site pushing the tax avoidance scheme was pulled a couple of days before this article would take some explaining though.

I'd really like it if he would take the time to come on here and tell us why it was.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
          While I am not overly keen on his tone towards Mel Stride on Twitter, I have always thought he had the best of intentions.

The fact the site pushing the tax avoidance scheme was pulled a couple of days before this article would take some explaining though.

I'd really like it if he would take the time to come on here and tell us why it was.
          DC has already explained it: -

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
          Could it be that the 5th April has come and gone along with the opportunity.

Is that why he is setting up his own tax consultancy.

The truth is out there. No need for speculation.
          ---------------------------------

Phil is currently busy. With InvisibleHand's wife.

Comment

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2648273

Comment

As BrilloPad said, it's already been explained. And if you're not involved in the scheme, then it doesn't effect you in any way. Why would you need to know?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
                As BrilloPad said, it's already been explained. And if you're not involved in the scheme, then it doesn't effect you in any way. Why would you need to know?
                The website was pulled on April 25th, 2 days before the Times article, and not directly after the April 5th date mentioned. This would indicate it is more a result of the article, as opposed to the deadline passing.

With regards to why I need to know, I don't. I was just passing comment. If you look at my original comment, and others regarding Phil, I do admire what he has done regards the Loan Charge. I am just a little confused as to why he would involve himself in something that comes across as very shady.

The fact he is coming on here to answer questions is great, and I applaud him for doing so. I hope there is a reasonable explanation.

Comment

The website was pulled on April 25th, 2 days before the Times article, and not directly after the April 5th date mentioned. This would indicate it is more a result of the article, as opposed to the deadline passing.

With regards to why I need to know, I don't. I was just passing comment. If you look at my original comment, and others regarding Phil, I do admire what he has done regards the Loan Charge. I am just a little confused as to why he would involve himself in something that comes across as very shady.

The fact he is coming on here to answer questions is great, and I applaud him for doing so. I hope there is a reasonable explanation.
                  Will you post a question on the thread then?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
                    Alas there has been alot of people pointing at smoke and saying there must be a fire. It happens to webberg too. Phil has nothing to hide - he is busy but is happy to come along and try to answer all the questions he can. I suspect for some there is no response that will satisfy them. Phil and Graham will forever be the bad boys. Personally I would prefer to be attacking HMRC.

And for the record I am in a scheme to fix a scheme....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Will you post a question on the thread then?
                      Have just done so.

Comment

Working...
                      X