• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DSW Tax Resolutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    If I really wanted to make money from this scenario, I would focus on the higher earners, have fewer staff, work in the sticks and do none of this public forum nonsense.
    Fair comment.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      You have way too high expectations.

Graham and Phil are in a very tough position.

Of course, the real villian here is HMRC. But they are untouchable. So just attack those trying to help.

I don't know how Graham and Phil put up with this nonsense.
      Expecting a service provider to return an email is too high an expectation? Doubt it.

I've got no intention of further contributing to this discussion other than to say, I have all of the formal evidence if anyone else would like to see it before deciding whether or not to instruct WTT in particular.

They can make their own decision based on that.

They show their clients absolute disdain once the fee's have been paid and GW has been discourteous in the extreme in ignoring tens of emails.

Only when it's made public and his little pipeline is at risk do I get a reply.

I've got very strong and clear opinions on both the intentions of and the service standards of both Phil Manley and WTT.

As I say, if you're thinking of instructing either then drop me a PM.

Let's see if this post stays up or gets pulled in exchange for some sponsorship of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
        You say that but I too have paid (am paying) both money and am not entirely happy with the service. I see no excuse for persistent, long term failure to return emails which is what I get from both. I have often resorted to asking questions of them on here as you get a better and quicker response than contacting them directly. Just my honest opinion. Not saying they do no good or everyone gets the same service it’s just my experience.
        Absolutely. Apparently expecting replies to emails is unrealistic.

They're very fortunate in that people may feel stuck with them because in a more competitive market they'd both be screwed tbqh.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
          I hear it pays well.
          Praying on users of this board in WTT's case im my opinion. This messageboard has been fertile ground for them.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Which means they are beyond help.
            You've taken a position without any evidence presumably because you have some alignment with the sponsors/regular posters involved. That's your choice but you couldn't be more wrong and you know nothing about the situation.

Comment

Ignoring "10's of emails"?

I'm pretty sure that even I would have noticed such a volume of traffic.

You are unhappy - I get that. You are entitled to that opinion. You are entitled to warn others if your story is actually correct and verifiable - so far all we have is an unevidenced statement and a refusal to engage.

I would also have thought that such poor service from WTT/me/Phil/DSW would have pushed you to make mention here before. As it is, you seem to have waited until now and then made a flurry of posts- why?
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by APNMISERY21 View Post
                Let's see if this post stays up or gets pulled in exchange for some sponsorship of the board.
                This board receives no sponsorship from Webberg or WTT.

I will not be pulling your posts up to now, so your opinion remains.

However you've made your point and so I don't know what more you want to do or say that you haven't already said.

What I do know is that your posts will not carry on ad infinitum.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by APNMISERY21 View Post
                  Praying on users of this board in WTT's case im my opinion. This messageboard has been fertile ground for them.
                  Mr Stride, time for bed and a hot milk...,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    This board receives no sponsorship from Webberg or WTT.

I will not be pulling your posts up to now, so your opinion remains.

However you've made your point and so I don't know what more you want to do or say that you haven't already said.

What I do know is that your posts will not carry on ad infinitum.
                    Why not? This is an important topic for many people. But hey, this is a policed public forum so freedom of speech obviously holds no weight...

Comment

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
                      Why not? This is an important topic for many people. But hey, this is a policed public forum so freedom of speech obviously holds no weight...
                      It's quite clear that there are HMRC stooges around. Both here and on Twitter.

At this point in time, most people have decided to settle or fight. Anyone opting to fight will have joined a group and won't be sharing much info on here. Why would they?

For those that have chosen to settle, it's up to them and I can see why people have made that decision. We all make our own risk assessments.

Everyone has a choice - fight, settle, whatever....If you aren't happy with the advice you are receiving then look elsewhere or ask for a refund

Comment

Working...
                      X