• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DSW Tax Resolutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boodog View Post
    Why not? This is an important topic for many people. But hey, this is a policed public forum so freedom of speech obviously holds no weight...
    You will note his post has not been deleted, despite his accusation of the site administrators and moderators being corrupt.

He's merely been warned not to keep saying the same thing over and over. As a privately owned publicly accessible forum, you don't have freedom of speech. However, you can say pretty much what you like so long as you don't contravene the T&Cs. This particular subforum was created for the benefit of people affected by this retro-taxation. Admin and moderators have waived rules concerning post numbers to enable newbies here to get PM rights early, since being able to communicate privately is essential.

If you wish to discuss further, I'd suggest starting a thread in Welcome/FAQs.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      You will note his post has not been deleted, despite his accusation of the site administrators and moderators being corrupt.
      Which is funny as I also think admin(is there more than 1? ) and moderators are corrupt. Against Graham and Phil. My complaint against admin/mods was ignored so things have escalated from there. It will be fun to see how that plays out. Mods - if you care ask admin what is going on.

FWIW I don't believe those "whining" are HMRC stooges. I think in their own mind they have not received what they deserve.

The thing is some clients require extra attention - I fall into that category - and I don't think Phil and Graham can always give the time some want. Then there are a few for whom nothing will ever be enough.

It would be nice to think we could all focus on the common enemy. No not admin/mods! HMRC......

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
        It's quite clear that there are HMRC stooges around. Both here and on Twitter.
        They get paid for this work, it’s a job and of course it’s everywhere not just HMRC.
        What a life - an internet stooge/sock puppet talking crap all day on the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheInvoicer View Post
          What a life - an internet stooge/sock puppet talking crap all day on the internet.
          General forum seems full of them....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            General forum seems full of them....
            Haha I guess the difference is some don’t get paid and believe what they post, the others get paid and post what others tell them

Comment

I find it quite ironic that people take such offence to Phil and Graham being in any way criticised on here, considering that right now Phil is tirading big time on Twitter calling "a firm i shall not name" [considering the context of the thread, it doesn't take a great leap of imagination to work out who he is referring to] "vultures"? He's making all kinds of accusations against them here and here. What are we mere mortals supposed to make of all this?
              Last edited by starstruck; 14 June 2019, 15:19.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                I find it quite ironic that people take such offence to Phil and Graham being in any way criticised on here, considering that right now Phil is tirading big time on Twitter calling "a firm i shall not name" [considering the context of the thread, it doesn't take a great leap of imagination to work out who he is referring to] "vultures"? He's making all kinds of accusations against them here and here. What are we mere mortals supposed to make of all this?
                Totally agree.

Comment

Is it not the barrister he hired that called HMRC vultures or did I misread?
                  Where’s the links to Graham’s post?

Comment

I've no idea what particular company Phil is talking about but I've seen quite a few of those letters. I can't believe how poor they are. It seems very unlikely that the company (or companies) that drafted them properly thought through the implications. Or if they did, they like taking a big gamble with their clients.

Comment

So be it. I've answered all the sensible comments I can find and ignored those which are just negative attack ads.
                      Last edited by webberg; 15 June 2019, 10:30.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X