• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DSW Tax Resolutions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phil@pmtc View Post
    I feel I am repeating myself somewhat with regards insella. However as the website said at the time (and I've explained previously why the website is now down) Mr Robert venables QC devised it. My involvement was to say as a tax advisor whether I felt it worked. Not too surprisingly yes I felt mr venables knows what hes doing when comes to tax matters and I was comfortable stating that to many. People may have assumed was my company but that assumption was incorrect.
    For avoidance of doubt I did not/will not make money from whatever income insella may have recieved in either the past present or future.. Not a single penny, zero,zilch. I cant be more clear and have been so in the past also.
    And the company director is.....?

Also - not sure why you were an advisor to a tax barrister who is supposed to be a tax expert in the field of offshore schemes...
    Last edited by Emily B; 16 June 2019, 19:57.

Comment

Hello David Byers. Working on your next story?

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
        Hello David Byers. Working on your next story?
        I was just reaching the same conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Emily B View Post

Also - not sure why you were an advisor to a tax barrister who is supposed to be a tax expert in the field of offshore schemes...
          I wasnt his tax advisor. I was insellas advisor.

And Its not my job to go declaring information on clients but the answer to your question is in the public domain. To clarify though...it wasnt me.

Comment

It's pretty obvious who Phil was tweeting about and their previous job he was referring to. You only have to look on LinkedIn and then google the company name. Unless he has more detailed knowledge that than, then it is perhaps more smoke than actual fire, and if he does perhaps he should be presenting it more openly.

My point was/is that if we dare to say anything remotely negative about these particular professionals on here, such as they don't reply to emails, or we're not happy with the service provided, even if it comes from honest personal experience, we're are shot down by the likes of Brillo (and to a certain extent the mods) as being over demanding, or accused by them of having some explainable, dark ulterior motive or even being HMRC and yet they are making all kinds of accusations about each other elsewhere, in fact far more serious ones - such as their respective "solutions" don't work and they're just milking people for money.

Can we not just be legitimate unsatisfied customers? When people complain on here about the service of SJD or some other accountants they don't get treated like they've committed heresy. Perhaps if these two firms were treated more like companies providing a more standard service and less like gods they might be inclined to improve their service levels. Although when you are a monopoly (or duopoly) there is often no need as there is nowhere else for anyone to go or I think in this case have hope in.

Comment

With all that is rotten and crooked about the loan charge it’s hard to relate to people complaining about e mail response times from advisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I wasnt his tax advisor. I was insellas advisor.

And Its not my job to go declaring information on clients but the answer to your question is in the public domain. To clarify though...it wasnt me.
                I seriously cannot believe this! Don’t try and turn the tables on me - I am not a journalist - even had to google David Byers, as had no idea who he was!

So Venables devised the scheme and you advised....

You won’t state here who the company director is - why not? Why such a big secret if there is nothing to hide?

You put your name to a scheme and then say ‘it wasn’t me’. Shame on you!

For the record - look at your post above in which you said you were a tax advisor to insella

My involvement was to say as a tax advisor
                Last edited by Emily B; 16 June 2019, 20:25.

Comment

I seriously cannot believe this! Don’t try and turn the tables on me - I am not a journalist - even had to google David Byers, as had no idea who he was!

You won’t state here who the company director is - why not? Why such a big secret if there is nothing to hide?

For the record - look at your post above in which you said you were a tax advisor to insella
                  Why would I possibly disclose details which are a/easily found and b/none of my business to disclose. Say for example you owned a business and I provided it advice...would you be fine with me then waffling on an internet forum about the ownership of such business? I've clearly answered and explained time and time again and as you clearly are only going to be happy with answers that simply cant exist on a factual basis no more input from me is going to occur

Comment

My involvement was to say as a tax advisor

Comment

Why would I possibly disclose details which are a/easily found and b/none of my business to disclose. Say for example you owned a business and I provided it advice...would you be fine with me then waffling on an internet forum about the ownership of such business? I've clearly answered and explained time and time again and as you clearly are only going to be happy with answers that simply cant exist on a factual basis no more input from me is going to occur
                      Yes I would be happy for my business details to be disclosed.

I’m not asking you to disclose the advice you have given, merely NAME THE DIRECTOR!

But, of course, you can’t - so you’ll throw your rattle out of your pram and not talk anymore boo hoo.

And for the record your last sentence makes no sense at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X