How Soon Do HMRC Want The Money How Soon Do HMRC Want The Money - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 28 of 28

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by InNZ View Post
    Do HMRC send out an invoice or something saying where and how to pay? I wouldn't have a clue where to pay.
    FYI - paying it all in one lump, and I didn't have to pay interest.
    When the settlement letter is sent and you agree to it, there will be options provided on how to pay. And I was told that there is one option to pay online in lump sum.

Still gathering requirements...

Once you sign the settlement agreement they will send their acceptance letter, at that point you will then need to pay. Unless you agreed on TTP you will have to pay the sum in one go as per each agreement ( if ltd and personal liability is involved the payments may be broken down separately).
    If you are at the point of settling then you should know by now how your payment is calculated? I’m surprised if there is no interest?

Quote Originally Posted by Iter View Post
    Once you sign the settlement agreement they will send their acceptance letter, at that point you will then need to pay. Unless you agreed on TTP you will have to pay the sum in one go as per each agreement ( if ltd and personal liability is involved the payments may be broken down separately).
    If you are at the point of settling then you should know by now how your payment is calculated? I’m surprised if there is no interest?
    Thanks Iter, I will just wait for their acceptance letter.
    I was also surprised by the no interest. Surprised but very delighted (which is kind of why I want to pay it before they change their minds haha)

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by InNZ View Post
    Having agreed to settled and sent all the necessary stuff to them by the deadline, just wondering if anyone has any idea when HMRC are going to want the dosh?
    I sent my signed forms back nearly two months ago. HMRC have agreed to instalments. Still waiting to hear when the first payment is due.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerous View Post
    I sent my signed forms back nearly two months ago. HMRC have agreed to instalments. Still waiting to hear when the first payment is due.
    Go and read your contract. It probable has a start and/or payment date.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    Go and read your contract. It probable has a start and/or payment date.
    I have - It says pay £X amount within 30 days of accepting the offer and £x amount before the last day of the month for 103 months.

I signed and sent back the letter April 22nd but haven't heard anything back.

I was expecting some account details so I can set up a DD - How else am I to pay?

Nervous Newbie

I was expecting some account details so I can set up a DD - How else am I to pay?[/QUOTE]

My acceptance letter included details of how to set up payments with a link to a gov.uk page? The account details are not explicit in the letter but the direct debit payment page is detailed in there, have another look.

Panders

There is link to ‘settlement’ tax payments in the tax section. This is the HMRC Shipley account. I made some payments here, before a payslip arrived which then gave the details. I believe the main thing is putting the reference number on the payments you make.