• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would living in Portugal place you outside of any legal or regulatory oversight? Will your company always be UK based or may that in time move offshore also? Will your staff all be UK based?

Comment

NICs

Like many people who settled following the FN/APNs, I paid NIC which HMRC should not have demanded based on the limitations act, What is happening to challenge HMRC on this?

Comment

Disappointed Phil didn't visit. Hopefully he will this week.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
          Disappointed Phil didn't visit. Hopefully he will this week.
          Its a good point! I know he was quite busy this weekend. I will get onto him now.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Its a good point! I know he was quite busy this weekend. I will get onto him now.
            Phil said he has been spending time with his son. It was not pre-planned and he thought he would be free this weekend. He expects to be on tonight to give response.

He added his apologies to my apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Phil said he has been spending time with his son. It was not pre-planned and he thought he would be free this weekend. He expects to be on tonight to give response.

He added his apologies to my apologies.
              No problem at all - family time much more important than answering a few forum questions

Comment

Originally posted by OutRiding View Post
                Like many people who settled following the FN/APNs, I paid NIC which HMRC should not have demanded based on the limitations act, What is happening to challenge HMRC on this?
                One might ask, what are YOU doing to challenge this?
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

NIC challenge

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  One might ask, what are YOU doing to challenge this?
                  I have written to HMRC who, after chasing a few times, gave an answer defending their decision. Also spoke with Phil and I am awaiting for his action which has been promised but not been set in place yet. Hence the question on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by OutRiding View Post
                    I have written to HMRC who, after chasing a few times, gave an answer defending their decision. Also spoke with Phil and I am awaiting for his action which has been promised but not been set in place yet. Hence the question on this forum.
                    Fair enough and as this is not my thread, good luck with the challenge.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Phil still on quality child time. Hopes to be in tonight.

Comment

Working...
                      X