• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, I think I would have like Mel to be in position just a little bit longer. The number of questions he was facing both inside and outside of Westminster was getting to him.

The replacement sounds like a bookworm and will likely do nothing quicky. Will probably wait for new PM sot reshuffle him back to the library.

Comment

Originally posted by phil@pmtc View Post
      Erm you felt the need to post this?
      I did at the time, but it was harsh and unfair, and I apologise.

Comment

Twitter Deleted

Phil seems to have deleted his twitter after posting a lot of accusations of HMRC yesterday. Anybody know anything more?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
          Phil seems to have deleted his twitter after posting a lot of accusations of HMRC yesterday. Anybody know anything more?
          What was he accusing them of?

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
            What was he accusing them of?
            Something about an Andrew Mitchell and an APN, a record breaking £27m APN, Paul Rooney's emails, and them all taking lots of drugs

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
              Something about an Andrew Mitchell and an APN, a record breaking £27m APN, Paul Rooney's emails, and them all taking lots of drugs
              The guy's lost the plot completely.
              Last edited by Invisiblehand; 30 July 2019, 10:21.

Comment

I've been in contact with Phil and have been told he will be back on twitter towards the end of next week. He says he wasn't aware that when you close your twitter account it deletes all your posts, and that he had posted earlier in the day to say he would be closing his account for a while.

Watch this space.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I must say engaging Phil has been a very bizarre experience; he comes across as living a life in utter chaos. Rather than answering the questions I engaged him to answer, I've instead received emails from his support staff telling me: his email account has been hacked, his briefcase stolen, he's fallen down stairs, he's been mugged etc. I've just given up on him now and will have to seek answers elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                    ...I've instead received emails from his support staff telling me: his email account has been hacked, his briefcase stolen, he's fallen down stairs, he's been mugged etc...
                    Ex-HMRC. What do you expect.

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
                      I must say engaging Phil has been a very bizarre experience; he comes across as living a life in utter chaos. Rather than answering the questions I engaged him to answer, I've instead received emails from his support staff telling me: his email account has been hacked, his briefcase stolen, he's fallen down stairs, he's been mugged etc. I've just given up on him now and will have to seek answers elsewhere.
                      He was on about organising a protest outside a Hilton hotel recently and threatened to sue them because they "stole" from him.
                      Last edited by Invisiblehand; 5 August 2019, 09:54.

Comment

Working...
                      X