• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phil Manley question and answer session

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Latest

He's now convinced we will "win"

Phil Manley
    @pmanley82
    ·
    13h
    1/ Appreciate its desperate times for those affected and basically all going through hell. For now though, out faith in lcag and appg as so much going on its unreal. The fact that we have people like keith fighting for us shows the world that we are right.

Phil Manley
    @pmanley82
    ·
    13h
    2/i now truly believe we will win this. I dont say that lightly but based on everything that is happening (plus hmrc are screwed as the bloody money doesnt exist!). Ill send you dm with my number if want chat about it all (no charge - i just want you to know theres genuine hope)

Emma Berry
    @EmmaBerry321
    ·
    12h
    I really hope this is genuine hope. I’m pinning my life on it. All of this is such an emotional rollercoaster I can’t even explain where my head is at. It’s great that advisors are joining forces. Thank you all! I wish I understood criticism of others above ? as it’s worrying me

Phil Manley
    @pmanley82
    Replying to
    @EmmaBerry321

@numero1troll
    and 2 others
    I wouldnt have posted it if wasnt genuine as im fully aware its truly a living hell. Theres genuine hope. Its my job to keep kicking the doors down until it turns into reality. Thankfully i quite enjoy being an annoyance*.

*provides references from all ex partners.

Comment

He's probably just doing it because people are getting pissed that he never responds to emails. That and for the feeling of importance.

He'll be back to personally insulting people soon and being best pals with Matt Hall.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
        He's probably just doing it because people are getting pissed that he never responds to emails. That and for the feeling of importance.

He'll be back to personally insulting people soon and being best pals with Matt Hall.
        Looking at his twitter this morning, he claims to have seen evidence that Boris has ordered a review of the loan charge, and implies that it may be announced today.

Given his bashing of Jesse Norman for providing false hope, you would like to think Phil would only announce this if he knew it was definitely happening.

Let's hope this is true.

Comment

The Posts

For those without twitter:

1/ Couldnt mention publicly earlier for numerous reasons. However, as its the spending review today, a few days ago i received evidence from 3 sources, in form of an internal HMRC email which had gone to Aiston and co...confirming that Boris has committed to a review of the LC.

2/ It stated that HMRC have been instructed to supply info and have been in communication with the FST and CX already.
          I do not know anymore. I do not know if its includes suspension/delay of settlements as the review is undertaken (though ridiculous if not).

3/Nor do i know who is undertaking the review....but at least we do know that there IS a review.
          I suspect announced today but we will have to wait and see.

4/Whats most important is that those who can...get down to London today with LCAG. Now is VERY much the time to keep up that pressure.

Phil Manley
          @pmanley82
          ·
          2h
          May be worth keeping an eye on if youre particularly bored today...

News and communications
          Find news and communications from government
          gov.uk

The emails ive seen btw, whilst confirming Boris has already confirmed the review and hmrc already spoke to CX and FST, didnt say it would be announced in the Spending Review, thats just my assumption.

Comment

For clarity, CX = Chancellor of the Exchequer , FST = First Secretary to the Treasury
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Let's hope it's true!

No doubt Phil will try and claim as much of the credit for himself.

Comment

Political shenanigans

Not sure what last night's political events will mean for any "review" - why would BoJo announce anything given he may not even be PM in a month's time?

And even if he does, it's only a review - the last one (albeit a sham) did not give the result we all wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                  Let's hope it's true!

No doubt Phil will try and claim as much of the credit for himself.
                  I've questioned his tactics numerous times, however I think he would deserve credit should this be true. There is no doubting his persistence has helped.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                    There is no doubting his persistence has helped.
                    That and knowing where the skeletons are buried.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                      I've questioned his tactics numerous times, however I think he would deserve credit should this be true. There is no doubting his persistence has helped.
                      You're probably right and I'm probably being facetious. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                      X