• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Choice Contracting / Galaxy Scheme.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice Contracting / Galaxy Scheme.

Hi, are there any contractors working through Galaxy or was through Choice on this forum?

I've spoken with HMRC and registered my interest to settle, but it's going to be a big number. But speaking with Choice / Galaxy ltd I've being informed of the below,

Quote "The loans represent a genuine outstanding liability and commercial rate of interest is being charged which is subject to tax. When the loans are repaid they would constitute a taxable income in the hands of the company. Taxes are being paid on the Employee’s income and the Employer’s profit. In that respect, we are not operating a ‘tax avoidance scheme’ and would advise workers to refrain from entering into arrangements which are clearly aggressive and seek to achieve tax losses or obtain undue tax benefits."

would really like to hear more from anyone even if your not with Choice or Galaxy.

Who told you the above?

Almost certainly wrong.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Have checked on the people behind this outfit (now blocked from liquidation probably by HMRC) and given the addresses used, fellow connections in directorships and new address, I'm not at all surprised at the line you have been given.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Have checked on the people behind this outfit (now blocked from liquidation probably by HMRC) and given the addresses used, fellow connections in directorships and new address, I'm not at all surprised at the line you have been given.
        I guessed this! but needed to float it on here. Thanks Webberg.

Comment

Originally posted by matteire View Post
          I guessed this! but needed to float it on here. Thanks Webberg.
          Webberg, I'm in the process with HMRC on settling. The remaining sting in the tail is the : 1. Inheritance tax, 2. Loan Deeds.

Can you help?

Comment

Webberg, I'm in the process with HMRC on settling. The remaining sting in the tail is the : 1. Inheritance tax, 2. Loan Deeds.

Can you help?
            I can certainly help with IHT.

Loan deeds? Not so sure. If you are asking me if I have copies of them - no I don't.

If you are asking me if we can interpret them for tax/legal purposes if you supply them, yes we can.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              I can certainly help with IHT.

Loan deeds? Not so sure. If you are asking me if I have copies of them - no I don't.

If you are asking me if we can interpret them for tax/legal purposes if you supply them, yes we can.

Hi Webberg, how can I contact you to discuss the IHT and new letter I've received DOR relating to loan charge interest which is now payable!

Comment

Hi Webberg, how can I contact you to discuss the IHT and new letter I've received DOR relating to loan charge interest which is now payable!
                You can find me and my company with any decent Google search.

remember that other advisers are available.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                X