• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The new THL??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have put some thoughts into the Big Group thread relating to this matter.

As mentioned there, in the "old" THL, the more senior director Ms Djoma, has resigned.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

DOR Resolutions

Just got a text message on my mobile stating DOR were trying to contact me regarding my loans.
      Even though I have settled with HMRC years ago still being hounded by these leeches, they should be locked up.
      Deleted their mail and text and recommend you all ignore their requests.
      How are these assholes allowed to get away with it as would appear HMRC are not interested as long as they get their payout.
      I have informed my family regarding this outfit as am a 67 year old pensioner with a serious heart condition and although smart enough to ignore these parasites,I still get stressed and upset when I receive these demands.
      If the worst happens to me hope my family pursue these people through the courts on manslaughter charges
      Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Zander View Post
        Just got a text message on my mobile stating DOR were trying to contact me regarding my loans.
        Even though I have settled with HMRC years ago still being hounded by these leeches, they should be locked up.
        Deleted their mail and text and recommend you all ignore their requests.
        How are these assholes allowed to get away with it as would appear HMRC are not interested as long as they get their payout.
        I have informed my family regarding this outfit as am a 67 year old pensioner with a serious heart condition and although smart enough to ignore these parasites,I still get stressed and upset when I receive these demands.
        If the worst happens to me hope my family pursue these people through the courts on manslaughter charges
        Lol
        Yes, just had the same text. just when I thought they'd gone away
        As far as I'm concerned, I've settled, but it still stresses me out when these Aholes contact me
        Too worried to reply to them - even to tell them to get lost - considering ditching my mobile number, just to avoid them
        How many more people are going to be given details of my "loans", by the "trustees"... don't see how they are acting in my interests.

Comment

Thought I’d put this here...

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2656076
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ignore them

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
            Yes, just had the same text. just when I thought they'd gone away
            As far as I'm concerned, I've settled, but it still stresses me out when these Aholes contact me
            Too worried to reply to them - even to tell them to get lost - considering ditching my mobile number, just to avoid them
            How many more people are going to be given details of my "loans", by the "trustees"... don't see how they are acting in my interests.
            I am chilling tonight having a few beers and hope you can do the same.
            These parasites are not worth getting upset about.
            I am very interested in why they don’t send actual demands through the post instead of e mails and mobile texts .
            Must be a legal thing
            Look up the guys profile he is an absolute insect lol
            Take care and let’s get these people locked up

Comment

Originally posted by Zander View Post
              I am very interested in why they don’t send actual demands through the post instead of e mails and mobile texts .
              Must be a legal thing
              This is why:
              Originally posted by cojak View Post
              The reason is very simple.

You have protections against cold callers (the cooling off period being one) that you don’t have if you invite/call them first. They will be very careful to log your first call and then claim that by calling them, you allowed them to do whatever they subsequently do.

It’s a basic gullible’s opening gambit.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

This iteration of DOR Resolutions is a copy cat of the ruses and abuses perpetrated by THL.

It may be that the people behind the scheme are the same, but other than Mr Thompson who may or may not be the person standing to gain most from this, I've not dug deep on the situation.

BY all means ignore the nonsense for now but if the loans are attempted to be recalled, then you will need to seek some expert help.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

"By all means ignore the nonsense for now but if the loans are attempted to be recalled, then you will need to seek some expert help."

So what if you have moved address, new mobile number and changed email addresses? Not much chance of finding you then and if they try it will cost them money to do so. And if successful what's stopping you denying knowledge or better still throwing all correspondence in the bin straight away.
                  Let's face it, they wont spend a penny themselves so it's a very safe bet that if some entity who owns the information of your loans decides to call them in nothing will come of it.
                  If settled ignore all the scum scheme scammers and get on with your life.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
                    "By all means ignore the nonsense for now but if the loans are attempted to be recalled, then you will need to seek some expert help."

So what if you have moved address, new mobile number and changed email addresses? Not much chance of finding you then and if they try it will cost them money to do so. And if successful what's stopping you denying knowledge or better still throwing all correspondence in the bin straight away.
                    Let's face it, they wont spend a penny themselves so it's a very safe bet that if some entity who owns the information of your loans decides to call them in nothing will come of it.
                    I bet these chancers are playing a numbers game, going for the easy pickings. Even if only a few punters fall for their scam they're quids in. If you don't engage they'll give up.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                      I bet these chancers are playing a numbers game, going for the easy pickings. Even if only a few punters fall for their scam they're quids in. If you don't engage they'll give up.
                      Strongly agree with both those posts. I can't see any provider going to court on this. Most providers disappeared anyway....

Comment

Working...
                      X