• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for some information

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Looks like they get mentioned in this article but it's behind a paywall.

Don’t end up like me — run fast from schemes that say they’ll cut your tax | Money | The Sunday Times
    Another site, First4contractors.co.uk, states that it is IR35 compliant. It had testimonials from one individual saying he was taking home considerably more pay, thanks to the company.

Official records show the company was dissolved in 2016. However, its phone number still works. When contacted by Money, a representative said he was unable to talk to journalists.

A director of the firm, Christopher Heath, is a director of another firm called Contractor Genie, which also went bust in 2016. However, its website, contractor-genie.co.uk, still works and claims to be able to help you take home up to 90% of pay. It also says its scheme is backed by a leading QC and is 100% UK tax compliant.

When called by Money, the person who answered denied it was the right number and put the phone down.
    One contractor is quoted as saying "“Everyone I knew was using it at the time and my employers were happy,” - so it's probably best for NLUK's blood pressure that it's behind a paywall.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I have contacted somebody we know in IOM Regulator and he is "curious" as to how this company operates. IN particular it may not be registered for activities such as payroll and tax advice. I need to check some more on that.

For the moment it seems that digging around here is not producing any clarity just more questions.

Obviously if somebody from the company wants to jump in and explain, we may be able to clear up some of these questions.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Directors of Contracting Wise Limited are an Enid Nerys Anne Rowlands and a Damian Bird. Her occupation is given as Marketing and his as Sales Director.

The only shareholder is a company called Knox Limited of Knox House, 16-18 Finch Road, Douglas.

Comment

A bloke called Adam answered the phone and it was in a very nonchalant way as if it was his desk phone not a main phone if that helps
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            Obviously if somebody from the company wants to jump in and explain, we may be able to clear up some of these questions.
            Best not hold our breath for that post.

Comment

Here is their front door if that helps. Dunno about Finch Road. Looks more like Pigeon Road.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                Directors of Contracting Wise Limited are an Enid Nerys Anne Rowlands and a Damian Bird. Her occupation is given as Marketing and his as Sales Director.

The only shareholder is a company called Knox Limited of Knox House, 16-18 Finch Road, Douglas.
                Oh, what a tangled we weave........
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                X