• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New loan charge letters from HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zedskidder View Post
    I called 2 HMRC helplines. The second advised I should email the counter avoidance team. It took them nearly a month to acknowledge they had received my email and simply stated it had been forwarded to the appropriate team. Hopeless basically. I will update if ever I get a response.

Thanks. I did the same. Will update if I ever get a response too. Thanks for replying.

Comment

I received an email from the ca.loancharge email address containing the following text only "Thank you for contacting HMRC. Your email has been forwarded to the relevant team and you will be provided with a response in due course.". It doesn't feel like they're in a hurry after nearly a month in the queue.

Coincidentally I logged into the Government Gateway and under the "Your PAYE Income Tax summary for 6 April 2019 to 5 April 2020" summary section... I have a rather large "Non Coded Income" entry. Could this relate to the LC?

I still believe I do not have anything to disclose, but I cannot see how to disclose my non disclosure, using the online form. I'm a bit stuck in a loop here and phone line is useless... they just keep telling me to wait for a response via email.

Comment

is everything not on hold for the review now ?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
          is everything not on hold for the review now ?
          My partner rang HMRC today and they state they are aware of the review discussion however, they have been informed to proceed as normal. My partner told them she knows others have been told all action on Settlement is suspended until further details of the review have been disclosed however, HMRC did not take this into consideration. It is only because she/we are awaiting information from our SARS request that they allowed the settlement to be halted until that's received.

Absolute crooks!

Comment

Originally posted by Businesswoman View Post
            Thanks. I did the same. Will update if I ever get a response too. Thanks for replying.
            I finaally spoke to a manager today who confirmed I can ignore the latest letter. It should never have been sent. She will be putting that in writing to me and sending it by post. I suggest you call and ask for a manager to review your case. Call back is fairly quick (next day). Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Businesswoman View Post
              I finally spoke to a manager today who confirmed I can ignore the latest letter. It should never have been sent. She will be putting that in writing to me and sending it by post. I suggest you call and ask for a manager to review your case. Call back is fairly quick (next day). Good luck!
              Has anybody else managed to do the same as above.
              Haven't heard anything, Since the last HMRC email from almost of month ago "Thank you for contacting HMRC. Your email has been forwarded to the relevant team and you will be provided with a response in due course"

Again as i never had any such loans except somehow joined them but luckily never did any business with them. So just want to be sure before calling them as per above to ask for review.

Comment

Originally posted by lullaby View Post
                Haven't heard anything, Since the last HMRC email from almost of month ago "Thank you for contacting HMRC. Your email has been forwarded to the relevant team and you will be provided with a response in due course"

Again as i never had any such loans except somehow joined them but luckily never did any business with them. So just want to be sure before calling them as per above to ask for review.
                Send HMRC a letter, Recorded or Signed For.

I've done that this week, because they have not replied to any of my emails since June. The staff who answer the phones don't have a clue as to what's going on with individual cases or with the LC in general.

Comment

Originally posted by lullaby View Post

If you're 100% certain that you never took any money (loan or otherwise) from them, then why worry. Call them, put them straight. Unless there is some doubt in your mind...

Comment

Originally posted by Dmac View Post
                    If you're 100% certain that you never took any money (loan or otherwise) from them, then why worry. Call them, put them straight. Unless there is some doubt in your mind...
                    Loans can go back to 1999. Who can remember what was going on 20 years ago?

Comment

Someone I know is completing the online disclosure for some pre 2011 years, and have seen the question ‘is this loan an approved fixed term loan’ yes/no/don’t know.
                      I have used similar scheme for later year and didn’t see this question!?
                      I don’t believe ever seeing any terms around this so I guess the answer don’t know would be ok?

Comment

Working...
                      X