• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WARNING: Monthly Advance Loans Limited = Knox House Trust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WARNING: Monthly Advance Loans Limited = Knox House Trust

A new company was set up a couple of weeks ago - MAL Limited. It's not an anagram of AML, honest.

MONTHLY ADVANCE LOANS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

4 officers:
    Andrew Douglas John Barrowman (Correspondence address: 3rd Floor, Foxglove House, 166 Picadilly, London, England, W1J 9EF)
    Timothy Clive Eve (Correspondence address: Knox House, 16-18 Finch Road, Douglas, Isle Of Man, IM1 2PT)
    Arthur John Lancaster (Correspondence address: 3rd Floor, Foxglove House, 166 Picadilly, London, England, W1J 9EF)
    Edward James Ogden (Correspondence address: Knox House, 16-18 Finch Road, Douglas, Isle Of Man, IM1 2PT)

Mr Ogden is a new name to me, but the others have been linked to multiple organisations that appear in the paradise papers and are associated with tax avoidance schemes, loan schemes, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Oh look, another one. Set up 2 days ago:

MALLARD Loans:

MALLARD LOANS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

Oh, and:
    MAL Loans (Can we think of a 3 letter business that's an anagram of MAL?)
    MAL LOANS LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

And in December:
    Contracting Options
    CONTRACTING OPTIONS LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

People to watch:
    CLAY, Daniel John

Oh and look: Suzanna Debra Mazal OGDEN original address before she hid was 16-18 Finch Road, Douglas. You'll find other records for her on CoHo with different addresses.

Comment

Hi, what do you think this all means?

Comment

Originally posted by V202 View Post
        WTFH is simply putting public information out there for anyone who maybe interested.

Very public spirited of him I reckon.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

MAL Loans

How very appropriate.

Word Root Of The Day: mal | Membean
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

It may mean that AML and its various spin offs are preparing to launch a new "solution" to the issue of tax liability and/or loan liability.

Whilst the tax environment may be more stable than it was when the first effort was current (see threads various) chances are that any such arrangement will be viewed with some scepticism by HMRC who would feel honour bound to ask some questions.

In the event that this is the case, then please- seriously PLEASE - go and get some proper advice from somebody who has NO CONNECTION with AML and its history.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              It may mean that AML and its various spin offs are preparing to launch a new "solution" to the issue of tax liability and/or loan liability.

Whilst the tax environment may be more stable than it was when the first effort was current (see threads various) chances are that any such arrangement will be viewed with some scepticism by HMRC who would feel honour bound to ask some questions.

In the event that this is the case, then please- seriously PLEASE - go and get some proper advice from somebody who has NO CONNECTION with AML and its history.
              The above means run away............

Comment

Originally posted by V202 View Post
                The original schemes that resulted in the creation of this forum, untold misery for thousands, multiple divorces and at least 5 suicides was the advertising of tax avoidance schemes as a means of retaining the income you used to have as IR35 was first introduced.

April 5th is going to see the introduction of the new IR35 schemes that will result in a lot of contractors seeking ways of retaining the income they used to receive.

These companies and probably many others are being created to prey and profit from contractors desperately trying to retain their old lifestyles.

To be blunt
                If the deal looks too good to be true, run away. Whatever pain you suffer now will be far less than what you will suffer if you join any tax avoidance scheme.

and the point of these companies is to hide the fact it's a tax avoidance scheme and if like other things I've seen make it look respectable.

Last edited by eek; 22 January 2020, 17:47.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Its interesting given the latest news on AML.

Comment

As part of my public spirited nature, I stumbled on something today...
                    Conister Trust ▷ Douglas, 16-18 FINCH ROAD

Conister Trust.
                    Formerly of: 16-18 FINCH ROAD

Now known as Conister Bank
                    Clarendon House
                    Victoria Street, Douglas
                    Isle of Man, IM1 2LN

Part of Manx Financial Limited.

Heard of them before?
                    Arron Banks prepares to pump cash into Isle of Man bank | This is Money

Comment

Working...
                    X