• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tribunal and beyond

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by More Lamb View Post
    It cost NTRT the best part of £1M (yep, million!) to get the case to tribunal. Go figure.
    Wow, that is an eye-watering amount for an FTT.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Big Group have absolutely nothing to do with the Montpelier DTA nor the FTT.

Neither is there any indication when the judgement will be delivered so please do not listen to uninformed posters such as More Lamb.
      To clarify.

The Montpelier DTA case that went to FTT and is not the Huitson case, was at Tribunal in May 2019 and as mentionad, a decision is awaited. WTT/Big Group had nothing to do with that action in terms of organising or supporting it.

(As it happens we are now involved in it and think it quite outrageous that a decision has not been reached. We are told it may yet be more months before it appears).

The cases we are involved in taking to the FTT are a mix of those where HMRC is making the running and those where we are.

Very much though dealing with the FTT.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        (As it happens we are now involved in it and think it quite outrageous that a decision has not been reached. We are told it may yet be more months before it appears).
        You think 8 months is outrageous?

Try 4 years for size. (46 months to be precise)

That's the length of time it took, from applying to the FTT in July 2015, for the case to actually come to tribunal. Now that's proper outrageous!

Can anyone guess why it took this long? <mod snip>
        Last edited by cojak; 9 March 2020, 07:53. Reason: Requested to remove sensitive info

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          To clarify.

The Montpelier DTA case that went to FTT and is not the Huitson case, was at Tribunal in May 2019 and as mentionad, a decision is awaited. WTT/Big Group had nothing to do with that action in terms of organising or supporting it.

The cases we are involved in taking to the FTT are a mix of those where HMRC is making the running and those where we are.

Very much though dealing with the FTT.
          OK I think I need correct some stuff here because there's a bit of disinformation going on. There isnt a 'Montpelier DTA' May 2019 case at an FTT to my knowledge but if people want to call it that for convenience, so be it.

Just to clarify this comment here, webberg's group are NOT involved with the May 2019 (Montpelier DTA) FTT at all. The statement 'as it happens, we are now involved in it,' is just downright misleading.

A number of people have sought to combat HMRC's APN regime. However, by luck or design, HMRC has managed to get a couple of other cases heard and decided before the 'Montpelier DTA' action. This means at least one case is progressing to appeal via the UTT and it needs to be remembered that UTT decisions set precedence while FTTs do not.

The organisers of the 'Montpelier DTA' decided it was prudent to reach out to these other groups to not only share some relevant info but to also determine these other groups timetable and strategies.

But it is incorrect to say that any other group is now 'involved' in any way with another group's action. No other group drives the others actions and no other group speaks for members of another group.

Please remember this when you read comments in these threads.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

why are we discussing this on an open forum ?

really would urge people not to discuss this on an open forum as its just unhelpful

closed forums are available with BG and others for those parties interested in the case.

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
              really would urge people not to discuss this on an open forum as its just unhelpful

closed forums are available with BG and others for those parties interested in the case.
              I would urge people not to bump the thread. I would never do anything like that.

Comment

dont tell em your name Pike

Comment

Anyone know what the Judges decision was for the LCAG JR. Or has it not been published yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
                    Anyone know what the Judges decision was for the LCAG JR. Or has it not been published yet ?
                    Published next week. Quite quick so I don't see it being favourable. It will be appealed no doubt. Be interesting if there are any morsels to feed off.

I supported the JR but have always seen it as a long shot and a way to apply pressure/buy time rather than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                      Published next week. Quite quick so I don't see it being favourable. It will be appealed no doubt. Be interesting if there are any morsels to feed off.

I supported the JR but have always seen it as a long shot and a way to apply pressure/buy time rather than anything else.
                      FWIW, the decision in the Montpelier JR (against retro BN66) was published within a week or so, and that was an emphatic defeat. The Judge didn't even throw Montpelier a morsel.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X