• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health warning - reading this could increase your blood pressure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health warning - reading this could increase your blood pressure

Disputing Tax - Treasury - House of Commons

I'm tempted to use language here more often found in "General".

I will not for now.

We have a reaction piece in preparation which I will link here when ready.

I encourage other links and comments.

Just remember that young children and persons of a sensitive nature can access this forum.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

This is the report that says what reasonable boys HMRC ignoring shed loads of evidence to the contrary. Whitewash.

Comment

I can factually contradict evidence HMRC gave in at least one instance and can prove they lied. I have the paperwork to prove it.

Comment

HMRC today are like the Police used to be in the bad old days of the 70s and 80s (West Midlands Serious Crime Squad).

Ends (nailing tax dodging scum) justify the means (lies and dishonesty).

It won't be until they're caught engaging in really serious misconduct that they'll get reined in.

Comment

"On 16 July, the Paymaster General and Financial Secretary to the Treasury, Jesse Norman, told the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee that HMRC would not impose the charge on individuals in “closed” tax years in which participation in a loan-based scheme had been fully disclosed. However, we note reports that this announcement is likely to only affect a few dozen of people owing the charge and that HM Treasury has since conceded that “on the scale of people who are impacted it is a smaller group of people”."

This is incorrect anyway isn't it?

This refers to the comment JN made about HMRC opening enquiries into tax years and then closing those enquiries. So it's not all closed (disclosed) years that are forgiven, just the ones that HMRC investigated and failed to prosecute. That's correct isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            "On 16 July, the Paymaster General and Financial Secretary to the Treasury, Jesse Norman, told the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee that HMRC would not impose the charge on individuals in “closed” tax years in which participation in a loan-based scheme had been fully disclosed. However, we note reports that this announcement is likely to only affect a few dozen of people owing the charge and that HM Treasury has since conceded that “on the scale of people who are impacted it is a smaller group of people”."

This refers to the comment JN made about HMRC opening enquiries into tax years and then closing those enquiries. So it's not all closed (disclosed) years that are forgiven, just the ones that HMRC investigated and failed to prosecute. That's correct isn't it?
            Yes. He is an arse that thinks he is clever. Pathetic attempt at misdirection that brings himself and the role into disrepute. W*****r.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
              HMRC today are like the Police used to be in the bad old days of the 70s and 80s (West Midlands Serious Crime Squad).

Ends (nailing tax dodging scum) justify the means (lies and dishonesty).

It won't be until they're caught engaging in really serious misconduct that they'll get reined in.
              As cojak has pointed out, HMRC became much worse since Inland Revenue took over Customs and Excise and took all their power. Which is much more than the police get.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post

Nobody knows.

Typical politician who spoke a lot and said nothing.

Until we see the legislation, we have no idea of the scale of the deception he has pulled off here.
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                X