• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When to ask your MP for help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to ask your MP for help

MPs regularly deal with HMRC on behalf of constituents. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this makes up a fair % of their constituency work. (HMRC being the belligerent bullies that they are.)

So don't be afraid to ask them for help.

Here are some examples

1) HMRC won't agree to your TTP proposal

2) HMRC keep hassling you about loans despite repeatedly informing them that you never used a loan scheme

3) HMRC won't let you settle because you missed the deadline

4) any other unreasonable/intransigent/inflexible behaviour

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    MPs regularly deal with HMRC on behalf of constituents. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this makes up a fair % of their constituency work. (HMRC being the belligerent bullies that they are.)

So don't be afraid to ask them for help.

Here are some examples

1) HMRC won't agree to your TTP proposal

2) HMRC keep hassling you about loans despite repeatedly informing them that you never used a loan scheme

3) HMRC won't let you settle because you missed the deadline

4) any other unreasonable/intransigent/inflexible behaviour

agreed MP's work for you (or so the the story goes .. they are actually generally all in for them !)

Comment

If I knew how to I'd upload a photo but I asked my local MP what his stance was and the reply was that he had asked for the review to be independently carried out. Almost word for word with what was asked for from the template on here. He even had someone deliver a copy of the letter (addressed to Boris) through the door.

Can't ask for more from him.

Comment

Working...
      X