• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Daily Mail Article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Daily Mail Article

Self-employed face losing homes after innocently using loan charge tax loophole | Daily Mail Online

Well done to the people at LCAG for making this happen at last. The Mail has been explicitly ignoring the Loan Charge due to editorial opinion, it even had blocks on the phrase in the comments section but this could be a real game charger. Love it or loathe it the Mail has a massive influence on Government

Originally posted by headspin View Post
    Self-employed face losing homes after innocently using loan charge tax loophole | Daily Mail Online

Well done to the people at LCAG for making this happen at last. The Mail has been explicitly ignoring the Loan Charge due to editorial opinion, it even had blocks on the phrase in the comments section but this could be a real game charger. Love it or loathe it the Mail has a massive influence on Government
    I hope the Gov don't spend too much time reading the Best Rated comments.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I hope the Gov don't spend too much time reading the Best Rated comments.
      Always going to be the case. The public have been well trained. Getting such good coverage including this editorial is worth it. The view of the paper matters more than the comments ( which after the top couple aren't as bad as expected ).

VICTORIA BISCHOFF: Call off this cruel tax grab on the self-employed | This is Money

For those who haven't yet please sign this petition, it is important.

Petition to Suspend the Loan Charge | Ross Thomson

even if not affected at the moment, taking HMRC down a peg or two will benefit all the self-employed.

If active in other parts of the forum please repost there.

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
        If active in other parts of the forum please repost there.

Thankyou.
        Do bear in mind that some of the denizens in other places are less than sympathetic. And will make it quite clear.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Do bear in mind that some of the denizens in other places are less than sympathetic.
          That's putting it mildly. Some think scheme users should be banged up in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Do bear in mind that some of the denizens in other places are less than sympathetic. And will make it quite clear.
            Thankyou for the info. I have not ventured into other areas so was unaware.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
              Thankyou for the info. I have not ventured into other areas so was unaware.
              https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-petition.html

Those who do not realize that general is stuffed with moronic trolls would be best not to look. Even I thread I started on the LC suicide case on the BBC resulted in abuse - some want LC users to die.

Of course, when I started similar threads on DTA in 2008 the same result came in professional forums....

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                That's putting it mildly. Some think scheme users should be banged up in jail.
                The only reason that does not happen is that for some bizarre reason taking part in such “schemes” is not currently considered as what it should obviously be - tax evasion.

This is what needs and will happen in the future, because current situation is untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  The major problem without professional forums is trolls are allowed in who should be banned. In the case of one user, there was a request to perma ban then and AndyW in 2005. Sadly the wrong one was banned.

This is what needs and will happen in the future, because current situation is untenable.
                  FTFY

Comment

Working...
                  X