• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Investigations. HMRC has its new 'avoiders'.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoanCharged View Post
    When you go through the online purchase process for QDOS TLC35, you have to tick a box to agree to six statements. One is that you have not had an IR35 enquiry in the last 3 years. Another statement is that you do not know of any possibly upcoming enquiries. I haven’t used the exact wording but you get the picture.

I would say that pretty much rules out GSK guys getting the insurance after the letter unless QDOS can advise otherwise on this thread.

P.s QDOS don’t require a contract review and pass for you to qualify and buy the TLC35. The insurance includes unlimited contract IR35 assessments so you could get that done later.
    I had a chat with them recently regarding this. Yes, before taking out the insurance you have to agree to their policy statements. It's also of use to have your contract reviewed too. Assuming a pass (would also help support the insurance and your case) would be beneficial. they did confirm that the claims team does a prospect of success review before determining whether to take on your case.

Comment

Contractor insurance

When you go through the online purchase process for QDOS TLC35, you have to tick a box to agree to six statements. One is that you have not had an IR35 enquiry in the last 3 years. Another statement is that you do not know of any possibly upcoming enquiries. I haven’t used the exact wording but you get the picture.

I would say that pretty much rules out GSK guys getting the insurance after the letter unless QDOS can advise otherwise on this thread.

P.s QDOS don’t require a contract review and pass for you to qualify and buy the TLC35. The insurance includes unlimited contract IR35 assessments so you could get that done later.
      Think I'm gonna invest in some QDOS shares!

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
        I guess we'll soon see the ambulance chasers on this too - having moved on from Schemes they'll be offering 'bespoke' solutions to IR35 investigations and Ir35 compliance.
        Already out in force on twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
          And I'm sure they'll all be "HMRC complaint solutions" and have "QC backed" opinions!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmac View Post
            And I'm sure they'll all be "HMRC complaint solutions" and have "QC backed" opinions!!
            Complaint solutions sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyPenelope View Post
              Complaint solutions sounds about right.
              Freudian slip!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmac View Post
                Some of the scheme sellers are now positioning themselves as IR35 experts. It's ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
                  Maty Hall perchance?

Comment

Had a brief chat with a contact at QDOS a week or so ago, and agree with this. If you've already got one of those letters, it's too late to get insurance. They will however help on a £/hour basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Maslins View Post
                      Had a brief chat with a contact at QDOS a week or so ago, and agree with this. If you've already got one of those letters, it's too late to get insurance. They will however help on a £/hour basis.
                      It would be wise to get insurance now. Remember when Treasury was talking about IR35 and 2020 Stride said that people would not be looked at retrospectively. So now it looks as if they are going after people before April 2020 I am sure GSK will be the 1st of many. Treasury/HMRC acting with normal deceit.

Comment

Working...
                      X