• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge Review Timetable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Charge Review Timetable

Does anyone have any thoughts about the time table for the pending review.

With Brexit, possible general election and suspension of parliament when is the review likely to be started?

How long would you expect the review it to take?

Could this possibly scupper all deadlines including declaring values on the 31st January 2020 self assessment tax return?

Was just discussing this in the office. Nothing official is announced yet and until that point it is speculation. I think the main aim is to get an independent review - not an HMRC internal one like last time.

Comment

have they stopped?

as HMRC stopped the Loan Charge process for now?

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
        It would be reckless and foolhardy to assume that.

Wait until we see an announcement.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by RobScott View Post
          My partner rang HMRC today and they state they are aware of the review discussion however, they have been informed to proceed as normal. My partner told them she knows others have been told all action on Settlement is suspended until further details of the review have been disclosed however, HMRC did not take this into consideration. It is only because she/we are awaiting information from our SARS request that they allowed the settlement to be halted until that's received.

Absolute crooks!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKinked View Post
            My partner rang HMRC today and they state they are aware of the review discussion however, they have been informed to proceed as normal. My partner told them she knows others have been told all action on Settlement is suspended until further details of the review have been disclosed however, HMRC did not take this into consideration. It is only because she/we are awaiting information from our SARS request that they allowed the settlement to be halted until that's received.

Absolute crooks!
            Just received this from HMRC :

Thank you for your e-mail

Following the PM’s announcement of a review into the loan charge, we recognise customers may be unclear what they should do for the 30 September information return, and/or settling their disguised remuneration affairs. Further information about the review is expected shortly and we will confirm the next steps for customers soon after.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
            X