• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML/Knox House Trustloan write off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suggest that investing in a phone call to AML might be worth while, rather than ask anonymous posters here who probaly don't know?
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by MKCIARN View Post
      Ok so I have settled but over 8 (offered by HMRC) years meaning it wont finish till 2028 - Can I have these written off now?

This was suppose to have been taken care of by my "advisor" who is no longer about!! No Idea if its been done or not anf if I should approach AML or not.

Thanks in advance.
      I'm also settling over a lengthy repayment period, they accepted my settlement confirmation as it stood.

Comment

Murky world of all these trustees..

I have received three write-off letters from Knox house and it seems they are willing to put whichever trust name they you ask them to put on their 'write off template' letter.

Not sure if they really hold any records of loans etc...as they may be acting as front of may trusts.

Comment

Originally posted by patel View Post
          I have received three write-off letters from Knox house and it seems they are willing to put whichever trust name they you ask them to put on their 'write off template' letter.

Not sure if they really hold any records of loans etc...as they may be acting as front of may trusts.
          I wish some of the others would do this

Comment

proof of settlement

I've recently just settled in full. Can I ask what documents are being provided as proof of settlement, I've had loans with AML and Smartpay
            thx

Comment

Originally posted by Swan1e View Post
              I've recently just settled in full. Can I ask what documents are being provided as proof of settlement, I've had loans with AML and Smartpay
              thx
              I sent the correspondence from HMRC confirming the agreed settlement, that was all.

Comment

Hi

I have a the Smartpay contact details does anybody have the same for AML Knox please?

thanks

Comment

Knox House Trust chasing me for annual trust payments and a fee to terminate trusts

I settled with the HMRC this year but Knox House Trust have been sending me threatening letters saying the trusts that AML set up for me to use between 2010 and 2016 are still 'active' and accruing annual charges. They want payment for the last 4 years and they will charge me a fee to terminate these trusts.

Is there a law firm who can help me with this as they are threatening legal action now?

Comment

Originally posted by amfitrite View Post
                    letters saying the trusts that AML set up for me to use between 2010 and 2016 are still 'active' and accruing annual charges. They want payment for the last 4 years and they will charge me a fee to terminate these trusts.

Is there a law firm who can help me with this as they are threatening legal action now?
                    Have you checked the paperwork they sent you at the start to see what charges apply first?
                    Most trust will charge a unjustified fee to write off, however check to see if you were liable for a annual charge first.

Comment

Working...
                    X