• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pembroke PAYE Umbrella closing down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Almost certainly because they owed money to HMRC.

Sometimes HMRC will ask that outfits are made bankrupt or struck off because of poor compliance but outside the building sector this has been rare.
    Interesting.
    I plan to do some digging to see what I can find, if anyone sees anything or can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
      Interesting.
      I plan to do some digging to see what I can find, if anyone sees anything or can point me in the right direction that would be great.
      Contact the receiver/liquidator.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Liquidator

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Contact the receiver/liquidator.
        That would be me .........

Comment

Winding up Petition

Interesting.
          Debt claimed by HMRC was mostly Corporation Tax for FY18/19 - a bit over a million plus interest, penalties, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Richardson GT Leeds View Post
            Debt claimed by HMRC was mostly Corporation Tax for FY18/19 - a bit over a million plus interest, penalties, etc
            Hi Ian,

Do you have any insight with reference to loan charges / any unpaid PAYE? Do you know if they used a third party when issuing the loans? Do you have any sight of impacts on their previous employees (people that used them as an umbrella)? Other than the filing on Companies House is there anything else that is open source that we can get eyes on?

Thanks for the insight so far,

Comment

Hi Ian,

Do you have any insight with reference to loan charges / any unpaid PAYE? Do you know if they used a third party when issuing the loans? Do you have any sight of impacts on their previous employees (people that used them as an umbrella)? Other than the filing on Companies House is there anything else that is open source that we can get eyes on?

Thanks for the insight so far,
              Most of this stuff is going to be private to the parties concerned and so, whilst I'll share what I can, there won't be much detail. I'm interested in finding out how people were sold into these schemes? If there's no PM function on this site, I can be reached via LinkedIn

Comment

Most of this stuff is going to be private to the parties concerned and so, whilst I'll share what I can, there won't be much detail. I'm interested in finding out how people were sold into these schemes? If there's no PM function on this site, I can be reached via LinkedIn
                Sold the schemes???

Fancy 80-90% cash back on all income

Yes - is it legal

Ohhhh yes

Sign me up

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                  Yes - is it legal

Ohhhh yes <wink>
                  FTFY

Comment

Thanks Ian, I've sent a PM.

@GhostofTarbera - It was less than 20% takehome so roughly what you'd get when paying corporation tax. I think the deduction was 'fair' but that would be a personal opinion. In terms of legal, yes I think it was legal too.

Are you aware of the loan charge situation? There are minimum wage workers that have been hit by this and at least 7 people have committed suicide. Talking of legal and moral, HMRC are backdating a law for 20years. I'd expect that sort of thing in some bannana republic.

Comment

Thanks Ian, I've sent a PM.

@GhostofTarbera - It was less than 20% takehome so roughly what you'd get when paying corporation tax. I think the deduction was 'fair' but that would be a personal opinion. In terms of legal, yes I think it was legal too.

Are you aware of the loan charge situation? There are minimum wage workers that have been hit by this and at least 7 people have committed suicide. Talking of legal and moral, HMRC are backdating a law for 20years. I'd expect that sort of thing in some bannana republic.
                      At last something might be about to change. HOME | Loancharge . I have waited a very long time for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X