• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pembroke PAYE Umbrella closing down

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pembroke PAYE Umbrella closing down

Anyone else previously contracted through Pembroke PAYE?

They appear to have gone off the radar and are completely closing down. I noticed this after recieving a letter from HMRC asking me to complete a self-assesment for 17/18 which is all rather worrying.

Possible loan charge connections etc. etc.

Keen to hear if anyone else is hearing from HMRC and has been with Pembroke PAYE previously.

Thanks,

Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    Anyone else previously contracted through Pembroke PAYE?

They appear to have gone off the radar and are completely closing down. I noticed this after recieving a letter from HMRC asking me to complete a self-assesment for 17/18 which is all rather worrying.

Possible loan charge connections etc. etc.

Keen to hear if anyone else is hearing from HMRC and has been with Pembroke PAYE previously.

Thanks,
    I’ve not been with them but a few minutes googling and pulling up cached records (scraped 26th September) pulls up this

PEMBROKE PAYMENT SERVICES LIMITED - Overview (free company information from Companies House)

I used the registered company number to get that.

And since I can see an Isle of Man address, I know exactly the way this is going and will move it to the HMRC Enquiries Scheme forum.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Interesting. I see a single (resigned) director that was based in the Isle of Man, the rest are UK based and so is there registered office... Can you share anything more or is that enough to make you query it?

Thanks,

Comment

Interesting. I see a single (resigned) director that was based in the Isle of Man, the rest are UK based and so is there registered office... Can you share anything more or is that enough to make you query it?

Thanks,
        That’s enough.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          That’s enough.
          Especially when a little more digging links the resigned director to Best Pay

Comment

This winding up order may assist https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/d...f3cb4a05ccea50

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post

That gives a message "Request has expired"

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                That gives a message "Request has expired"
                Oops - apologies Brillo. I followed Cojak's link and then clicked on the filing history. A winding up order was filed on 12 October PEMBROKE PAYMENT SERVICES LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

Hopefully this one works.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                  Oops - apologies Brillo. I followed Cojak's link and then clicked on the filing history. A winding up order was filed on 12 October PEMBROKE PAYMENT SERVICES LIMITED - Filing history (free information from Companies House)

Hopefully this one works.
                  I don't really see what information that provides other than HMRC asked for it to be wound up. No reason as to why.

Comment

I don't really see what information that provides other than HMRC asked for it to be wound up. No reason as to why.
                    Almost certainly because they owed money to HMRC.

Sometimes HMRC will ask that outfits are made bankrupt or struck off because of poor compliance but outside the building sector this has been rare.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                    X