• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paid settlement, got final HMRC clearance letter - next step loan writeoff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid settlement, got final HMRC clearance letter - next step loan writeoff

Been a long journey so far, but having paid the HMRC settlement (took out bank loan ) they have now sent me a letter confirming all monies paid, and the settlement is, well, settled. Nearly there but the last, significant, hurdle in this sorry affair is to get the loans written off by the trustee. Struggling to get any contact to date,l from Fidei, but hopefully I'll get somewhere with that, as can't truly sleep easy until it's written off.

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
    Been a long journey so far, but having paid the HMRC settlement (took out bank loan ) they have now sent me a letter confirming all monies paid, and the settlement is, well, settled. Nearly there but the last, significant, hurdle in this sorry affair is to get the loans written off by the trustee. Struggling to get any contact to date,l from Fidei, but hopefully I'll get somewhere with that, as can't truly sleep easy until it's written off.

Good luck. The originating companies seem to be liquidated and the newly formed companeis don't want to know.

Comment

Thing is, there is still a trustee out there, any they are presumably obligated by law to be 'interested'.

If anyone has Fidei Settlement trustee contact details then do PM. Ta

Comment

Following on the loan writeoff discussion, has anyone managed to get contact with Norris to get loans written off?

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
          Did HMRC send you the letter automatically? My wife paid her settlement in January and it’s been ‘radio silence’ ever since?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
            Did HMRC send you the letter automatically? My wife paid her settlement in January and it’s been ‘radio silence’ ever since?
            No I phoned up to get one sent out. Was a rather bespoke letter too, rather than a template response.

Comment

Working...
            X