• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Releasing loans before the settlement is finalised

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Presumably tax position is the same whether the loan to Pinotage Trustees is written off now or after settlement? Both will attract the same IHT (if due)????? Because I too am in the middle of settlement and will never have time to settle prior to loans being written off.

Comment

Originally posted by wilks View Post

His point is you mentioned Penfolds/Hamilton Trust in your original post and these Schemes/Trusts are absolutely not emailing beneficiaries regarding loan recalls - the email you received relates to different schemes / trusts so you should remove the reference to Penfolds / Hamilton Trust in your post as it just causes unnecessary confusion.
      No probs, removed that, apologies for the confusion.
      As above poster and as per the original message, I am concerned about the IHT charge implications.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
        Vested interest in that I have been defending them for 6 1/2 years, having JR's still preventing APNs being enforced for my clients and litigated the Hoey case in the FTT in July which has been appealed and will proceed to the UT along with our Loan Charge JR.
        So a promoter then?

Comment

Originally posted by NeedTheSunshine View Post
          So a promoter then?
          He used to be an introducer to schemes. He popped up to prevent his scheme from being lumped in with the others.

Loans were made by an EBT so the existence or otherwise of the former employer is irrelevant. As is all reference to FS Capital or Pinotage. Neither have absolutely anything to do with Penfolds or Hamilton. No one is recalling those loans. Complete scaremongering nonesence.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            He used to be an introducer to schemes. He popped up to prevent his scheme from being lumped in with the others.
            But denies it whenever someone brings it up.

Comment

Just to be clear though Penfolfds/Hamilton were run by the same crowd as K2 whose loans are now with FS Capital? I may be wrong - Correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
                Just to be clear though Penfolfds/Hamilton were run by the same crowd as K2 whose loans are now with FS Capital? I may be wrong - Correct me if I’m wrong.
                You’re wrong. Those who introduced clients to K2/Hyrax were one of more than half a dozen who did so to Penfolds. They had absolutely nothing to do with running it.

I don’t hide my historic involvement with Penfolds (I had none with Hamilton which was designed by Kingston Smith). As all of my clients know. It’s in the public domain. Absolutely sure no one has done more, for longer, defending such schemes.

Comment

I don’t hide my historic involvement with Penfolds
                  Then why did you write

"Below is a defamatory load of BS.

I’m a qualified CTA and have been for over 15 years.

I didn’t sell a single contractor a scheme. I don’t offer any scheme, of any variety, now and haven’t done so for several years and there is no such thing as a GAAR proof scheme".

Comment

Sigh - I've had my run-ins with Saleos in the past - I'm still waiting for the solicitor's letter.

You could argue the toss that he's making money from other people's misery, you could observe that he's not massively collegiate in his attitude to others fighting the same battles and you could definitely say that he's not a particularly pleasant individual.

But. He's still around - which is more than be said for a lot of the feckless f***ers who profited from the schemes back in the day.

Comment

Has anybody had success with writing loans off ?
                      Does the settlement payment need to complete before loan write-off can happen?

Comment

Working...
                      X