• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The HMRC goons who dreamed up the LC aren't looking so clever now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    I know I would, I have walked away from city contracts before because I thought they would be toxic to me.

However the big difference is that Govt are in a unique position of setting laws. Most companies will have to do stuff that abides by those laws but they can't change them. Heads will often roll in companies that don't follow the law ( not enough probably ) but in the Civil Service and the upper echelon of Govt the opposite that sort of behaviour is either rewarded or covered up.
    Then the problem is with the Establishment and the entire Civil Service and not just HMRC.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Then the problem is with the Establishment and the entire Civil Service and not just HMRC.
      Indeed you are right. HMRC can do what they want when they want. HMRC get things into law via the finance act. To vote against that, you vote against the government.

Revolution is required.

Its at the point now where there is no point in voting.

Where is Nelson Mandela when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        One rogue entity at a time. HMRC wag the dog.

Comment

Working...
        X