• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC payment demand.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC payment demand.

I have just received a demand for payment of tax from HMRC for £20,000. This is from tax years 2012/13.
    I was using Bedouin payment solutions at that time but now I can't find any information on how to get in touch with them. Has anyone got any information on how to contact Bedouin (if they still exist) and could someone please advise, what can I do about this tax demand?.. I certainly don't have £20,00, what can I do??... My head is spinning with worry, confusion, stress..

Originally posted by Chaddladd View Post
    I have just received a demand for payment of tax from HMRC for £20,000. This is from tax years 2012/13.
    I was using Bedouin payment solutions at that time but now I can't find any information on how to get in touch with them. Has anyone got any information on how to contact Bedouin (if they still exist) and could someone please advise, what can I do about this tax demand?.. I certainly don't have £20,00, what can I do??... My head is spinning with worry, confusion, stress..
    If indeed these guys no longer exist;

1. Take a breath
    2. If at all possible, are you able to understand the reason for the demand.
    3. Can you define what Bedouin did for you? Straight forward accountancy or some fancy accountancy that in recent times have hit the headlines?
    4. Call HMRC to see if they can shed light on the cause for this demand.
    5. And then give this to an accountant, if you have one. Do you?

Otherwise, I am not sure what else can be offered in terms of advice at this stage... Good luck.

Comment

Can we deleted Simes post please. He's got it completely wrong as usual.

OP. Paste this in to google and you'll find a ton of information about Bedouin and a lot of people who are in exactly the same situation.

bedouin site:forums.contractoruk.com

We also have a subsection of the forums for people in your situation so you need to head over and post/read in here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...eme-enquiries/

I'm sure the mods will come along shortly and move it though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

To add to what NLUK said, HMRC can be sorted out. If anyone feels overwhelmed, please reach out by make a post on this forum. I guarantee you it can all be sorted. HMRC are bullies and fight dirty - they can be overcome with a ittle effort in the right place. Don't suffer in silence.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Chaddladd View Post
          You can call us for a free consultation.

Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

It would be interesting to know what type of notice this letter is.

s29 discovery? (Although, for 2012/13, it would be beyond the 6-year time limit)

28a closure notice?
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Chad

I can only add to what NLUK and Brillo have said. Don't panic.

Take some professional advice and work out exactly what it is you're dealing with. Webberg is a regular poster on here and has a good reputation for dealing with these kind of schemes however others are available.

You don't get demands out of the blue so there must have been correspondence before this. Have you moved recently? You could make a Subject Access Request to HMRC and obtain copies of your records and then piece together the whole story.

Only when you know what you're dealing with, can you start deciding how best to tackle it.

Oh - and beware of asking for advice from anonymous people on the internet!!

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                Oh - and beware of asking for advice from anonymous people on the internet!!
                The is usually true. CUK professional forums are quite heavily moderated so they are better than most.

Comment

Working...
                X