• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need help! FS Capital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
    After I got the initial letter from Gladstones Solicitors on 20th February I sent a reply

It's also notable that your email didn't come from Gladstones Solicitors - I think Gladstones will have taken notice of the many threats to report them to the regulators and have now backed off from representing FS.

(But I could be wrong)

you should contact webberg.
    You are wrong unfortunately.

FS Capital claim to own loans that started life under the K2 and Hyrax schemes. They have not to my knowledge engaged Gladstones and probably will not need to as one of their directors has his own law firm.

Gladstones are acting on behalf of Felicitas, an IOM company which is owned and/or has connections with Mr Sacco, Mr Hazell and Mrs Hazell. They claim to have ownership of loans from the IQ, Winchester, Darwin, Garraway and perhaps Sanzar schemes.

These are separate actions from unconnected "owners" of debt.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      FS Capital claim to own loans that started life under the K2 and Hyrax schemes. They have not to my knowledge engaged Gladstones and probably will not need to as one of their directors has his own law firm.

Gladstones are acting on behalf of Felicitas, an IOM company which is owned and/or has connections with Mr Sacco, Mr Hazell and Mrs Hazell. They claim to have ownership of loans from the IQ, Winchester, Darwin, Garraway and perhaps Sanzar schemes.
      Apologies - I was assuming that "FS Capital" was a pseudonym of (or somehow connected with) "Felicitas Solutions", which is the outfit who instructed Gladstones. Clearly I jumped to the wrong conclusions ... :-(

BTW - Thanks for all the help & advice thus far.
      "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Comment

[QUOTE=webberg;2750884]You are wrong unfortunately.

FTFY
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 January 2021, 22:09.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerouswhensober View Post
          I didn't get that email (yet) - and I'm not expecting to.

After I got the initial letter from Gladstones Solicitors on 20th February I sent a reply (drafted under the guidance of WTT) asking for documentation (e.g. evidence of original loan, evidence of loan assignment, etc.).

I sent the reply by registered letter, and I gave them fourteen days to respond - just as they had given me. (Note: I deliberately didn't send the response by email - didn't want them to start spamming me by email.)

I've heard nothing since.
          Damn - I spoke a day too soon ....

Received a letter from Gladstones today (Saturday 28th March) which appears to be following up their last letter (dated 17th February), which was the one I replied to.

Salient points:

(1) Gladstones have not responded to my letter - they appear to have done a mail-merge using a template letter, inserting my personal details. Most importantly, they have not produced the documents I requested (copies of loan agreements, copies of assignments, etc.)

(2) The letter includes the text: "If you require further evidence as to why or how the sum has become due, our client has uploaded all the evidence they are presently able to provide to their gateway". They then give a URL (presumably unique to me) from which I can (allegedly) download documents. (This is a very handy way for them to monitor who might be taking their letters seriously by accessing the unique URLs). Note the curious wording: ""... all the evidence they are able to provide ..." - which strongly suggests that it's very weak evidence in legal terms ...

(3) They also say "If you dispute the amount due you should respond to "[email protected]" setting out your full reasons for the dispute. (I already did this in my reply to their previous letter). Note: I will never communicate with these people by any method other than registered letter - this provides an evidence trail to be used in court. Also, I'm not giving these shysters my any email addresses so that they can bombard me with their spurious demands.

The words "see you in court" spring to mind ...

Comment

BTW - Apologies again - I'm aware that this thread is centered on FS Capital, not Felicitas ...

Comment

2nd letter from Gladstone’s

Sorry I’m also on the wrong thread but in the 2nd letter there is a URL which purports to have all the evidence.
              I am insure whether to open it or whether to pass on to either WTT or ETC.
              Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogar View Post
                Sorry I’m also on the wrong thread but in the 2nd letter there is a URL which purports to have all the evidence.
                I am insure whether to open it or whether to pass on to either WTT or ETC.
                Please help.
                Strongly suggest you DO NOT follow that link - you have no way of knowing what's on the other end (e.g. malicious software). And, given the unsavory reputation of the company which posted the link, I would assume the worst until proven otherwise.

(At the very least, if you follow the link you will have to supply further "security" details - it says so in the letter - and this will be giving more info away).

Suggest you proceed with WTT or ETC if you are sufficiently worried
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 January 2021, 22:10.

Comment

Bit of a bloody coincidence that both companies (FS and Felicitas) are chasing at the same time.

With the current shortage of loo roll, I'd be tempted to use the letter to wipe my arse and then post it back to them.
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 January 2021, 22:10.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I received a threatening email from FS Capital. In short they want £950 so that they dont assign the debt to anyone else before May 2021 and so that they dont take enforcement action before then (they will take the £950 off the final settlement - LOL).

[email protected] --- I simply marked them as spam.

Once FS Capital produce and publish the full, unabridged and correct paperwork* I will potentially take it more seriously (though, as I've stated many times, I will never ever pay them a single penny under any circumstance).

I do not believe FS capital (with their '2 bit' law firm) have the resources or the will to pursue what are multiple 'bad debts' and furthermore I do not believe they can win in any court under contract law - I have a copy of my 'agreement' and it looks like it was written by a five year old - when I compare it to Bank/Building Society loan agreements it's laughable.

In my latest letter to HMRC trying to reach a settlement I have noted that I am unable to settle whilst I am being engaged by FS Capital.

* Initially I would like to see the actual contractual assignment/novation's and crucially the reasons why this assignment was in the best interest of the employees (the fact the trust must always act in the best interest of the employees was a key selling point of both K2 & Hyrax).

Hold the Line ...
                    Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 January 2021, 22:12.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidD View Post
                      Hold the Line...l.
                      +1

If you are worried, get an adviser. But they are just after low hanging fruit.
                      Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 January 2021, 22:12.

Comment

Working...
                      X