• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree

Originally posted by Tezz View Post
    I believe it was nothing to do with the total amount, but the scheme you were with and what documents you signed and at what time. With Sanzar and Darwin in early days, pre 2011, there were no “loan” agreements in existence and therefore they have had to consider write offs.
    Couldn't agree more Tezz.

I was one of the stupid ones who did this for a number of years.

2008-2010 Sanzar Partnership - No so called loans it was a double tax treaty BS (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Sanzar).
    2010-2011 Sanzar Solution - Again, changed Scheme but still No so called loans (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Sanzar).
    2011-2013 The Garraway Trust - So Called Loans, poorly advised, no official documents given (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Garraway Trust).

End Result :- HMRC seen all 5 years as tax avoidance and I paid back everything due, it was taxable income, end off.

Fast forward to 2020, Felicitas Solutions - hello there you owe £XXXK in loans but we will take 12% no not 12% - 5% for it all to go away. Mmmmmmm

Last so called loan was 2013 Feb some 7 years ago (unsecured loan I might add). I did not agree any pay back terms nor did I start paying back anything.

Hoping it's an extinguished debt here in Scotland as it is classed as a simple contract debt - I may be wrong have taken legal advice so let's see.
    Last edited by happychap; 11 May 2020, 13:39.

Comment

Regulatory information team - +441908248250

The higher the numbers, the more this will hit ICAEW radar. Andrew William Thompson is ACA accredited, so he is supposed to work by a set of ethics, which he hasn't. He has had his wrist slapped before about this same shady practice and that is the number to call before raising a complaint about him. It's always better to speak to someone as they can escalate it when they need advice on how to handle it. The Fiscus Management Limited bank account proves he is working with Felicitas. Don't just sit being mad about this mess, hit him where it hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by happychap View Post
        Couldn't agree more Tezz.

I was one of the stupid ones who did this for a number of years.

2008-2010 Sanzar Partnership - No so called loans it was a double tax treaty BS (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Sanzar).
        2010-2011 Sanzar Solution - Again, changed Scheme but still No so called loans (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Sanzar).
        2011-2013 The Garraway Trust - So Called Loans, poorly advised, no official documents given (Paid 6% of my income for the scheme, thanks Garraway Trust).

End Result :- HMRC seen all 5 years as tax avoidance and I paid back everything due, it was taxable income, end off.

Fast forward to 2020, Felicitas Solutions - hello there you owe £XXXK in loans but we will take 12% no not 12% - 5% for it all to go away. Mmmmmmm

Last so called loan was 2013 Feb some 7 years ago (unsecured loan I might add). I did not agree any pay back terms nor did I start paying back anything.

Hoping it's an extinguished debt here in Scotland as it is classed as a simple contract debt - I may be wrong have taken legal advice so let's see.

This make now more sense to me. To clarify, the amount Felicitas is requesting corresponds to the amount paid via Garraway from 2011-13?

Comment

Originally posted by standup View Post
          This make now more sense to me. To clarify, the amount Felicitas is requesting corresponds to the amount paid via Garraway from 2011-13?
          Unfortunately not, the numbers make no sense at all.

Comment

Update from ICAEW -

Originally posted by Wtaf View Post
            The higher the numbers, the more this will hit ICAEW radar. Andrew William Thompson is ACA accredited, so he is supposed to work by a set of ethics, which he hasn't. He has had his wrist slapped before about this same shady practice and that is the number to call before raising a complaint about him. It's always better to speak to someone as they can escalate it when they need advice on how to handle it. The Fiscus Management Limited bank account proves he is working with Felicitas. Don't just sit being mad about this mess, hit him where it hurts.
            -------- I sent a complaint about Mr Thompson to the ICAEW.

I refer to your email below and its attachment.

Unfortunately, we are unable to progress your complaint against Mr Thompson as he is no longer an ICAEW member.

If Mr Thompson reapplies for membership in the future, your complaint will be investigated.

If you have any evidence that Mr Thompson is holding himself out to be an ICAEW member, please send it to me. Any action we take, however, will be independent of your complaint.

-----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by stevematch View Post
              -------- I sent a complaint about Mr Thompson to the ICAEW.

I refer to your email below and its attachment.

Unfortunately, we are unable to progress your complaint against Mr Thompson as he is no longer an ICAEW member.

If Mr Thompson reapplies for membership in the future, your complaint will be investigated.

If you have any evidence that Mr Thompson is holding himself out to be an ICAEW member, please send it to me. Any action we take, however, will be independent of your complaint.

-----------------------
              I was dealing with a chick called Emma, she's not gotten back to me yet. Oh well I wonder if he was stripped of this after his slap on the wrist for being shady!

Comment

Can you have more than one profile Companies House?

Anyone know this answer? I'd just assumed you'd have one profile with all your companies listed under that? Old man Thompson was born May 1951 and there are two (at least) of him on there.

Comment

Anyone know this answer? I'd just assumed you'd have one profile with all your companies listed under that? Old man Thompson was born May 1951 and there are two (at least) of him on there.
                  I sometimes have to check up on people on companies house. It's entirely possible for the same person to end up with multiple entries. It's also not illegal, as far as know.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hi everyone,

I have been reading through this thread and for what its worth, it has been a source of hope for me.

Like many of the people on here, I have had an offer of 5% to write off the "debt", with the first payment in the next 4 weeks, however, it would pain me to give them a penny.

Would this actually end up in court?

Comment

Hi

I was dealing with a chick called Emma, she's not gotten back to me yet. Oh well I wonder if he was stripped of this after his slap on the wrist for being shady!
                      -----------------------

Yeah I dealt with Emma as well, I rattled on about the code of ethics for registered ICAEW members and did put a copy of the post on here about Fiscus and the bank account etc.

Mr Thompson would definitely have a fun time convincing anyone he abides by the Code

The Code sets out five fundamental principles,
                      which guide members’ behaviour:
                      1 Integrity
                      2 Objectivity
                      3 Professional competence and due care
                      4 Confidentiality
                      5 Professional behaviour

Comment

Working...
                      X