• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whowouldhavethought View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading through this thread and for what its worth, it has been a source of hope for me.

Like many of the people on here, I have had an offer of 5% to write off the "debt", with the first payment in the next 4 weeks, however, it would pain me to give them a penny.

Would this actually end up in court?
    The $64000 Question!

This sticky is (IMHO) is helpful https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...d-summary.html

Comment

Thinking of settling 5%

Originally posted by Whowouldhavethought View Post
      Hi everyone,

I have been reading through this thread and for what its worth, it has been a source of hope for me.

Like many of the people on here, I have had an offer of 5% to write off the "debt", with the first payment in the next 4 weeks, however, it would pain me to give them a penny.

Would this actually end up in court?
      Hi all,

Im actually thinking of taking up the 5% offer, dont need the headache anymore its has nearly destroyed my life (family issues im surprised they didnt walk out on me bless them)-i have also settled with HMRC (last year) on an installment plan.

I had my solicitor write to Felicitas an agrressive email and also asked them the following :-

"Notwithstanding the above, Mr XXXX wishes to bring this matter to a close as swiftly as possible and is agreeable to settle the loan as per your aforementioned offer utilizing the TTP Arrangement as offered.

The only concern that Mr XXXX has is the manner in which he has been a victim of what seems to be a system that was deliberately designed to cause him to be liable for the repayment of the disguised remuneration loan. He is in particular concerned as to taking your offer to make payments in line with the TTP Arrangement, what guarantee is there that you will not assign the debt to another entity before he has paid in full and therefore he finds himself in the same position again. Mr XXXX is seeking a reassurance that he will not find himself in that position and would request that it is provided on your letterhead as opposed to an email.

We look forward to receiving your response.

Felicitas response:-

Dear Mr XXXX,
      Re: Your letter to Felicitas Solutions Limited regarding your client Mr XXXX
      We refer to your email of XX May 2020.

The offer to settle includes provisions that the loan will not be assigned, sold or otherwise during the period of the time to pay (TTP) arrangement.

Taking up this offer would constitute a binding arrangement on both parties, and we would urge Mr XXXX to make payments according to any agreed TTP arrangement. Missing payments could put in jeopardy this agreement.

Once the payment of 5% of the current outstanding debt amount is received, we (Felicitas Solutions Limited) would write-off the remaining 95% of the debt, in full and final settlement.

We would then post to Mr XXXX a Debt Settlement Agreement making clear that the matter had been resolved.

Yours sincerely,
      Director, Felicitas Solutions Limited

What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by TZ46 View Post
        Hi all,

Im actually thinking of taking up the 5% offer, dont need the headache anymore its has nearly destroyed my life (family issues im surprised they didnt walk out on me bless them)-i have also settled with HMRC (last year) on an installment plan.

I had my solicitor write to Felicitas an agrressive email and also asked them the following :-

"Notwithstanding the above, Mr XXXX wishes to bring this matter to a close as swiftly as possible and is agreeable to settle the loan as per your aforementioned offer utilizing the TTP Arrangement as offered.

The only concern that Mr XXXX has is the manner in which he has been a victim of what seems to be a system that was deliberately designed to cause him to be liable for the repayment of the disguised remuneration loan. He is in particular concerned as to taking your offer to make payments in line with the TTP Arrangement, what guarantee is there that you will not assign the debt to another entity before he has paid in full and therefore he finds himself in the same position again. Mr XXXX is seeking a reassurance that he will not find himself in that position and would request that it is provided on your letterhead as opposed to an email.

Dear Mr XXXX,

The offer to settle includes provisions that the loan will not be assigned, sold or otherwise during the period of the time to pay (TTP) arrangement.

Taking up this offer would constitute a binding arrangement on both parties, and we would urge Mr XXXX to make payments according to any agreed TTP arrangement. Missing payments could put in jeopardy this agreement.

Once the payment of 5% of the current outstanding debt amount is received, we (Felicitas Solutions Limited) would write-off the remaining 95% of the debt, in full and final settlement.

We would then post to Mr XXXX a Debt Settlement Agreement making clear that the matter had been resolved.

Yours sincerely,

What do you guys think?
        I personally wouldn't. Taking the word of these people would be on par with the Nigerian Prince that sends you the emails. I know others have contacted Felicitas for information on how they came to the debt total and had no word back. Of course they are telling you what you want to hear. Don't buy the snake oil.

Comment

Hi all,

Dear Mr XXXX,

Yours sincerely,

What do you guys think?
          I would not settle (at least yet). I am not sure if you have signed up with WTT or ETC tax but I would let them do the work, as they can drive a consistent strategy of clients they represent and are surely to get better terms.

My concerns in terms of settling now would be:

- Has the loan really been assigned to Felicitas? What if you pay Felicitas and someone else shows up tomorrow and wants the same amount? I would get the trust to confirm first that it has been done correctly before I do anything.

- I am not sure if your letter says this as well, but previous posters said that the payment account is another firm than Felicitas...how does this work? why would you pay another company, when the alleged loan is owned by Felicitas.

I don't think you can trust these guys to play straight. I am sure they find some other reason to take out more flesh. Once you accepted their terms, and they have evidence that you agreed that a debt ever existed, they may start a new strategy.

In my case, I let WTT do the work for me.

Comment

Is this 5% their latest "discounted offer"? Wasn't it previously 12% or some other arbitrary figure?

Also, what happened to Gladstones acting as their "debt" collector? Perhaps they've done what they were paid to do (ie. sending out officious demands) and that's the end of their involvement.

This does all smack of a grubby money grab.
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Making somebody rich for scamming.

Originally posted by standup View Post
              I would not settle (at least yet). I am not sure if you have signed up with WTT or ETC tax but I would let them do the work, as they can drive a consistent strategy of clients they represent and are surely to get better terms.

My concerns in terms of settling now would be:

- Has the loan really been assigned to Felicitas? What if you pay Felicitas and someone else shows up tomorrow and wants the same amount? I would get the trust to confirm first that it has been done correctly before I do anything.

- I am not sure if your letter says this as well, but previous posters said that the payment account is another firm than Felicitas...how does this work? why would you pay another company, when the alleged loan is owned by Felicitas.

I don't think you can trust these guys to play straight. I am sure they find some other reason to take out more flesh. Once you accepted their terms, and they have evidence that you agreed that a debt ever existed, they may start a new strategy.

In my case, I let WTT do the work for me.
              The money we earned was paid into a so-called trust. Trustees have a duty to act in the best interests of the members. Selling on these ‘loans’ to a third party is not in the best interest of the members. This is bogus and is probably the work of one man working with a few equally unscrupulous temporary partners.

Comment

Originally posted by Sick of it View Post
                The money we earned was paid into a so-called trust. Trustees have a duty to act in the best interests of the members. Selling on these ‘loans’ to a third party is not in the best interest of the members. This is bogus and is probably the work of one man working with a few equally unscrupulous temporary partners.
                Indeed, the elephant in the room that I have asked about before. Nobody seems to be to explain why the scheme trustees who have to put the trust beneficiaries interests first by law. How do they see fit to sell on loans on terms so obviously disadvantageous to the trust beneficiaries? I really don't understand why this has gone the way it has. I have not seen an explanation on this nor why some kind of action cannot be taken against the trustees.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
                  Indeed, the elephant in the room that I have asked about before. Nobody seems to be to explain why the scheme trustees who have to put the trust beneficiaries interests first by law. How do they see fit to sell on loans on terms so obviously disadvantageous to the trust beneficiaries? I really don't understand why this has gone the way it has. I have not seen an explanation on this nor why some kind of action cannot be taken against the trustees.
                  This is indeed the elephant in the room...

Comment

Hi all,

Dear Mr XXXX,

Yours sincerely,

What do you guys think?
                    As noted elsewhere in this thread I think paying a single penny is opening you up to potential further extortion - It's like giving the Nigerian scammers your bank details and asking that they only scam you once... be clear this is (IMHO) a scam and the people doing the extortion are not sophisticated business people with the law on their side - they are just cheap pondlife exploiting people who are vulnerable after years of persecution and abuse from HMRC.

Every time someone pays them a penny it seriously disadvantageous the vast majority who are holding out. I'm on the record as stating that there is actually no possible scenario where I will pay even a single penny. NO SCENARIO. If it's disguised remuneration and is taxed as such by HMRC - it's not a loan and cant be repaid - and frankly no-one can convince me that this is anything other than a desperate shakedown from some cockroach c***s.

As noted before in my humble opinion - this has zero chance of winning in court - the law is built around reasonableness and tests of common sense (why the schemes ultimately failed)....

Comment

Where are the advisors

Curious to know the opinion of any of the advisors in this group? There's been complete radio silence since the write-off letters started.

Usually any chance of 'hope' gets shot-down in a flash. Alas, now there's nothing!
                      (I must caveat however, I feel some of the professional advice in this forum has been extreemly useful so this is not an attack on anyone in particular)

Comment

Working...
                      X