• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obi1 View Post
    Morning All,

Great advise from people, much appreciated

On the last page of the letter from Gladstones solicitors, it states:

"If you pay £xxx before 12 February 2020, we will release you from all interest and repayment obligation in respect of these loans. To be clear, this would mean that you would not have to pay the interest demand earlier in this letter, any other interest on the loans, or the rest of the loan balance, ever. You would instead pay £xxx, in full and final settlement. This offer in this letter is intended to be binding on us and legally enforceable by you. The release will happen automatically on receipt on your payment and you will have nothing further to pay. if you wish to accept this offer, make your payment as follows:"

Did anyone else get this statement?

If for argument sake this was paid, would they be able to claim andthing in the future under a different company name?

Thank you
    Yes I got this too.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by 78paul View Post
      I got this statement and this is exactly that point is what I am wondering..

Although it still does not give you any full breakdown of the loan dates and any proof that IQ or the others instructed them to pursue the money. And why straight to a debt collector and not directly from them annually, and then if no payments then through the courts
      And if it was that serious then why not sent by recorded delivery to ensure you've received it. It's phishing in my opinion in the hope people's conscience and emotions get the better of them. Any money that is paid is a massive profit for them. They won't have bought these loans, another company would have been set up by the same people and loan details used to try and claim anything they can.

Comment

Originally posted by Obi1 View Post
        Morning All,

Great advise from people, much appreciated

On the last page of the letter from Gladstones solicitors, it states:

"If you pay £xxx before 12 February 2020, we will release you from all interest and repayment obligation in respect of these loans. To be clear, this would mean that you would not have to pay the interest demand earlier in this letter, any other interest on the loans, or the rest of the loan balance, ever. You would instead pay £xxx, in full and final settlement. This offer in this letter is intended to be binding on us and legally enforceable by you. The release will happen automatically on receipt on your payment and you will have nothing further to pay. if you wish to accept this offer, make your payment as follows:"

Did anyone else get this statement?

If for argument sake this was paid, would they be able to claim andthing in the future under a different company name?

Thank you

Got this also, I did mail them about this, amongst other queries, when I got this letter what proof they would give IF it was paid.
        Not heard anything back, so will chase/mail them again later today.

Comment

Originally posted by 78paul View Post
          I got this statement and this is exactly that point is what I am wondering..

Although it still does not give you any full breakdown of the loan dates and any proof that IQ or the others instructed them to pursue the money. And why straight to a debt collector and not directly from them annually, and then if no payments then through the courts
          But assuming that this is a legally binding document, then they shouldn't be able to claim anything further and this would be proof of "the rest of the loan balance, ever".

But is that "Ever" from Felicitas or any company

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza1882 View Post
            And if it was that serious then why not sent by recorded delivery to ensure you've received it. It's phishing in my opinion in the hope people's conscience and emotions get the better of them. Any money that is paid is a massive profit for them. They won't have bought these loans, another company would have been set up by the same people and loan details used to try and claim anything they can.
            Also I will add to this...

If they knew in law they had the right to claim these loan monies back, don't you think that:

A) They would use more professional and reputable solicitors than ones that have a 1 star rating and chase car parking fines that they set people up to achieve in the first place?
            B) They would ask for more than the 12% to settle the full loans and interest owed?
            C) They would provide the details of the loan agreements in order to make this official and without doubt?

Answer A) They want a solicitor that will do all the leg work first without payment in the hope they receive some money - that solicitor then gets paid a percentage of the money recouped.
            Answer B) They know the amounts spoken about were never intended to be claimed back from the average worker as they wouldn't be able to pay and subsequently go bankrupt, so they ask for a reasonable sum in the hope that they can or will pay part of the sum. Any monies claimed is a win for them.
            Answer C) They know the loan agreements weren't true loan agreements as set out by proper loan regulations with a fixed sum, payment terms, time frame, interest rates, statements etc. Do they even still have the original copies? Do they know these agreements wouldn't stand up in a court. I believe they will.
            Last edited by Wazza1882; 7 February 2020, 11:14.

Comment

Food for Thought

Also one of the people who have received this letter ( Felicitas, Gladstone's). I may be in a slightly different position ( or not), to some, as I have settled in full with HMRC prior to the April 2019 loan charge. I have all the correspondence from HMRC and the final statement from them says that " I can confirm that no inheritance tax liability can be calculated on the payments you received from xxxxxxxx which is a Note 4 scheme".

However, maybe we are missing a trick here. Surely as with PPI isn't it the fact that these 'solutions' to tax planning were mis-sold. ie. I still have documentation which states that the solution I used was supported and backed by an eminent tax QC, met with all HMRC requirements etc. However, evidently this is not true as it has been proved they did not meet the requirements as laid down and we were all exposed to 'risk' which was not clarified, identified, or notified to us.

Surely there is potential her for a 'class action' by a number of people ( us affected), whereby we could look to counter claim against these people for compensation for mis-selling of a financial product. Evidently they are signed up to the FCA, so shouldn't they abide by these rules ?
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 21:55.

Comment

Money saving expert

Thanks so much for you lot and this thread, I got a letter yesterday on my birthday!!! So I've followed advice and sent a dispute email using the fab content on this forum. I also sent this issue to the stories email at Money Saving Expert. As a marketeer by trade I'm feeling like posting this high and wide as its feel totally a scam however ruined my day!!! I've also rang Gladstones to waste some of their time!!!! Any pain I can generate I will!!! They also have a FB group and I'm keen to see what other social platforms our scammers have that can be flooded. Interestingly there were loads of complaints on unfair parking fines for lovely Gladstones, sums it up really.

Lastly if it comes to a dispute I would very much like to join forces legally as an individual I cannot maintain any action plus I'm massively out of my depth.

Thanks all and keep posting.

Pep

Comment

Originally posted by H20 View Post
                  Also one of the people who have received this letter from these chancers ( Felicitas, Gladstone's). I may be in a slightly different position ( or not), to some, as I have settled in full with HMRC prior to the April 2019 loan charge. I have all the correspondence from HMRC and the final statement from them says that " I can confirm that no inheritance tax liability can be calculated on the payments you received from xxxxxxxx which is a Note 4 scheme".

However, maybe we are missing a trick here. Surely as with PPI isn't it the fact that these 'solutions' to tax planning were mis-sold. ie. I still have documentation which states that the solution I used was supported and backed by an eminent tax QC, met with all HMRC requirements etc. However, evidently this is not true as it has been proved they did not meet the requirements as laid down and we were all exposed to 'risk' which was not clarified, identified, or notified to us.

Surely there is potential her for a 'class action' by a number of people ( us affected), whereby we could look to counter claim against these people for compensation for mis-selling of a financial product. Evidently they are signed up to the FCA, so shouldn't they abide by these rules ?
                  This should be done - I wouldn't know how to go about getting it started.

Comment

Originally posted by Peppapig View Post
                    Thanks so much for you lot and this thread, I got a letter yesterday on my birthday!!! So I've followed advice and sent a dispute email using the fab content on this forum. I also sent this issue to the stories email at Money Saving Expert. As a marketeer by trade I'm feeling like posting this high and wide as its feel totally a scam however ruined my day!!! I've also rang Gladstones to waste some of their time!!!! Any pain I can generate I will!!! They also have a FB group and I'm keen to see what other social platforms our scammers have that can be flooded. Interestingly there were loads of complaints on unfair parking fines for lovely Gladstones, sums it up really.

Lastly if it comes to a dispute I would very much like to join forces legally as an individual I cannot maintain any action plus I'm massively out of my depth.

Thanks all and keep posting.

Pep
                    I am with you on all of the above you put... And happy birthday, a shame it was ruined by that letter. I had similar as I exchange on my house that day and then got back to find that letter on the floor..

Definitely spread the word far and wide and make more people aware of this if you can!!

I contacted CAB today but unsuccessfully able to speak to an advisor, I will try again later. And then will email my dispute.

What did Gladstones say in response to your call?

Comment

Gladstones

The wife received a letter from Gladstones today and we will be challenging it but also reporting all of them to the FCA and any other body I can think of.

All of us need to report them as it brings similar heat to them that they are bringing to us especially if an investigation is launched as they then have to deal with letters and admin like we do.
                      Tax what's that? Go offshore my son!

Comment

Working...
                      X