• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesparateDan View Post
    It's not quite the same as a Nigerian Price, is it?. The Nigerian Princes haven't invested money/effort in tracking down people's new addresses, or engaging debt collection agencies.
    I agree it's a scam, but I don't think for most of us, it's so easy to dismiss it.

If anyone has been brave/stupid enough to connect to the "gateway", to see the evidence, or the write-off statements, please post the details.
    These people are gamblers, just like the Prince, but the difference is they have money to add to the fear. Feed into their fear, that's what they want, but for me this is shoddy and pathetic. I was rattled at first but now I'm just annoyed. Yes they found our addresses by an obvious data breach in my case. Then what did they do? Employed the cheapest and lowest of the low to come after us. They didn't even send letters by recorderded delivery, why? A few emails, letters or sms won't be making me lose any sleep, that's for sure!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wtaf View Post
      These people are gamblers, just like the Prince, but the difference is they have money to add to the fear. Feed into their fear, that's what they want, but for me this is shoddy and pathetic. I was rattled at first but now I'm just annoyed. Yes they found our addresses by an obvious data breach in my case. Then what did they do? Employed the cheapest and lowest of the low to come after us. They didn't even send letters by recorderded delivery, why? A few emails, letters or sms won't be making me lose any sleep, that's for sure!!
      Well said wtaf. This is beyond a joke now. I have had enough and i will no longer be worrying about this. I have accepted this will never go away so best just block everything and put it out our minds. These people are the lowest of the low. I have never in my life felt so angry like i have with this. Now is the time to move on. Why should any of us waste any more precious time defending our own fricking money ffs.

Comment

I know it's easy for me to say this because I'm not affected by it, but these fookers are just chancers.

Once they've picked off the low hanging fruit they'll just crawl back into their holes.

This has been going on since February. If they were serious, they'd have already started court proceedings.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
          I know it's easy for me to say this because I'm not affected by it, but these fookers are just chancers.

Once they've picked off the low hanging fruit they'll just crawl back into their holes.

This has been going on since February. If they were serious, they'd have already started court proceedings.
          This con has been going on for longer than that, it's just been packaged under different names. They will keep it up if fearful fools keep paying.

Comment

It's not quite the same as a Nigerian Price, is it?. The Nigerian Princes haven't invested money/effort in tracking down people's new addresses, or engaging debt collection agencies.
            I agree it's a scam, but I don't think for most of us, it's so easy to dismiss it.

If anyone has been brave/stupid enough to connect to the "gateway", to see the evidence, or the write-off statements, please post the details.
            Can you provide proof anyone has had their new address tracked? Or they have actually engaged debt collection agencies? If not then you are just as bad as them and spreading fear and false information. Stop it just STOP IT! To quote a very important person.

Comment

Originally posted by uppoocreek View Post
              Can you provide proof anyone has had their new address tracked? Or they have actually engaged debt collection agencies? If not then you are just as bad as them and spreading fear and false information. Stop it just STOP IT! To quote a very important person.
              Yes and no. Sorry - you're absolutely right that I don't have proof of debt collection agencies and my poor choice of words makes things worse. But yes, they definitely have tracked me to a new address, that the trustees didn't have. (Not debt collection agencies scumbag solicitors)

Comment

Yes and no. Sorry - you're absolutely right that I don't have proof of debt collection agencies and my poor choice of words makes things worse. But yes, they definitely have tracked me to a new address, that the trustees didn't have. (Not debt collection agencies scumbag solicitors)
                I have to agree, they have my new address too. My suspicion is that they've paid off someone at HMRC. It's a massive data breach that will be addressed by a formal complaint.

Comment

It's definitely possible to track people down because, a couple of years ago, my wife got a fund raising letter in the post from the University she was at over 30 years ago. She never kept in touch with the University, and we've moved at least a dozen times in the intervening years.

She challenged them about how they got her address but they just waffled about databases. She was tempted to report them to the Information Commissioner but in the end she didn't bother.

This was before GDPR came in.
                  Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                    It's definitely possible to track people down because, a couple of years ago, my wife got a fund raising letter in the post from the University she was at over 30 years ago. She never kept in touch with the University, and we've moved at least a dozen times in the intervening years.

She challenged them about how they got her address but they just waffled about databases. She was tempted to report them to the Information Commissioner but in the end she didn't bother.

This was before GDPR came in.
                    Yes and now they wouldn't be able to do that so freely. I'm still not freaked out about receiving a letter that I binned from them. Think of the huge payday they are getting from sending a few emails/sms/letters, if people fall for their scam. Not this call sign.

Comment

BBC Money Box today highlighting that schemes are still being sold.

Have a listen as the loan schemes affecting 50,000 people are also mentioned.

BBC Radio 4 - Money Box, NHS re-joiners targeted by promoters of tax avoidance schemes

I'm surprised that there is very little lobbying activity on twitter regarding the behaviour of Felicitas etc. when many of the people who can influence events and who show an interest in it as a long term fraudulent activity are active on twitter e.g. @DavidDavisMP who spoke on the programme and who is obviously sympathetic. Loan repayments have yet to feature in the public / visible debate.

Comment

Working...
                      X