• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Chap View Post
    Have a listen as the loan schemes affecting 50,000 people are also mentioned.

BBC Radio 4 - Money Box, NHS re-joiners targeted by promoters of tax avoidance schemes

I'm surprised that there is very little lobbying activity on twitter regarding the behaviour of Felicitas etc. when many of the people who can influence events and who show an interest in it as a long term fraudulent activity are active on twitter e.g. @DavidDavisMP who spoke on the programme and who is obviously sympathetic. Loan repayments have yet to feature in the public / visible debate.
    Very interesting listen, amazed when I was approached by Dark Blue too just a couple of weeks ago. I gave them a piece of my mind, and just wondered how the hell they were still going...

I have spoken, via email, with David Davis before, also Iain Duncan Smith was a good ally of the loan charge removal.

I have now emailed moneybox to alert them to what is going on now, with the amount of money involved they would be pleased to hear from more of us. I suggested they also talk to the guys like Andy at ETC.,

Thanks for sharing this.

Comment

Thank you for the link.

Have a listen as the loan schemes affecting 50,000 people are also mentioned.

BBC Radio 4 - Money Box, NHS re-joiners targeted by promoters of tax avoidance schemes

I'm surprised that there is very little lobbying activity on twitter regarding the behaviour of Felicitas etc. when many of the people who can influence events and who show an interest in it as a long term fraudulent activity are active on twitter e.g. @DavidDavisMP who spoke on the programme and who is obviously sympathetic. Loan repayments have yet to feature in the public / visible debate.
      Fascinating and so very familiar.
      <mod snip>
      I certainly wouldn’t bet on the chances of success if Andrew Thompson et al tried to convince a court that these bogus loan repayments should end up in their bank accounts.
      They would be wise to keep a low profile and try to distance (figuratively and geographically) themselves and their vile actions/lives from the law.
      Last edited by cojak; 15 January 2021, 08:47. Reason: Mod snipped

Comment

Originally posted by Sick of it View Post
        Fascinating and so very familiar.
        <Mod snipped>

I certainly wouldn’t bet on the chances of success if Andrew Thompson et al tried to convince a court that these bogus loan repayments should end up in their bank accounts.

They would be wise to keep a low profile and try to distance (figuratively and geographically) themselves and their vile actions/lives from the law.
        They won't be chased unless people lobby MPs and people of influence to help expose them and to outlaw their practises.

"It's time HMRC stopped hounding individuals over the Loan Charge and went after the authors of tax avoidance schemes instead. I made this point on Radio 4 this afternoon" @DavidDaviesMP David Davis only knows about the issue because people have told him.

Comment

They won't be chased unless people lobby MPs and people of influence to help expose them and to outlaw their practises.

"It's time HMRC stopped hounding individuals over the Loan Charge and went after the authors of tax avoidance schemes instead. I made this point on Radio 4 this afternoon" @DavidDaviesMP David Davis only knows about the issue because people have told him.
          Very good. I asked HMRC on one of those webinars would they be going after the providers and they said they definitely would be. I have seen very little evidence sadly yet.

It seems the guy behind all of these schemes and the current Felicitas woes has got off scott free, whereas some families no longer have a dad because of this.

The suicide is what brought Iain Duncan Smith on board, the tragedy of course is the legislation did change and probably would not have affected them so much (I am supposing of course).

Hopefully this whole F saga will bring him down and prevent any more tragedies, be it financial or actual.

Comment

Has anyone wrote to Martin Lewis as he likes to fight the good fight? As you say if people aren't aware of what's going on, nothing will be done about it.

Comment

MP

Good to hear.

I emailed my MP today and he responded within an hour, I have now sent the email on to ETC Tax who I'm registered with. Hopefully this support from a MP can put pressure somewhere to assist Andy and all of us to resolve the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
                Very interesting listen, amazed when I was approached by Dark Blue too just a couple of weeks ago. I gave them a piece of my mind, and just wondered how the hell they were still going...
                Yep, it beggars belief that these schemes are still operating.

I'm sure HMRC could have done more years ago to stamp them out. Then they wouldn't have needed to resort to a loan charge to clear up the mess.

HMRC should be proactively monitoring the airwaves for new schemes, and then taking action immediately. Even if they can't legally shut the schemes down, they should request lists of users from the promoters (which I'm sure they have the power to do), and then write to all the users warning them, in no uncertain terms, that they are risking their future. Not difficult, is it?
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  Yep, it beggars belief that these schemes are still operating.

I'm sure HMRC could have done more years ago to stamp them out. Then they wouldn't have needed to resort to a loan charge to clear up the mess.

HMRC should be proactively monitoring the airwaves for new schemes, and then taking action immediately. Even if they can't legally shut the schemes down, they should request lists of users from the promoters (which I'm sure they have the power to do), and then write to all the users warning them, in no uncertain terms, that they are risking their future. Not difficult, is it?
                  HMRC should be freezing the assets of the scoundrels that are the behind these schemes. They have made a critical mistake which is criminal. I hope their futures are behind bars.

Comment

I attended a surgery with my MP back in February. He wrote a letter to the Treasury. I also left copies of the Gladstones and Felicitas letters and emails with him. The more of us who update our MPs the better. Please folks please all do the same. This is the time to put a stop to this. It is affecting hundreds of thousands of people when you include family and friends of contractors too. If these idiots behind these schemes think it is ok to continue threatening people like this then they deserve a place in hell.
                    Last edited by NormallyPAYE; 7 June 2020, 12:43.

Comment

Felicitas Solutions

I too have been contacted by Felicitas Solutions demanding a repayment of a “loan” I supposedly took out with Infinity Solutions in 2017!

This is outrageous! All wages paid to me by Infinity we’re paid back by my recruitment agency at the time. There are no outstanding monies what so ever. These guys are total chances and we should all stand together and fight this !

Thankfully at the time, the Ltd co Infinity changed their name shortly after I started using them and alarm bells went off immediately that these guys were a Phoenix company so I stopped using them after only 3 months ! But they are chasing me for 3 times more than what they are saying is the supposed “loan”!

Comment

Working...
                      X