• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hashtag Pile of Sh

Originally posted by Spider2000 View Post
    They just seemd to have shifted it all to Felicitas , this is the message on their linkedin profile of felicitas group, announcing the opening of felicitas.

We have had a clear out for the New Year. A touch of housekeeping, a new office, name and rebrand, as well as some new services, and without further ado - we are now the Felicitas Group. We are proud to launch our new Isle of Man office, headed by Catherine Robinson, which will operate alongside our established Malta office. We’re also launching our new lending service from the Isle of Man which will allow our clients to provide funding for loans made by Felicitas Solutions Limited. Going forward our range of services and solutions are provided by: Felicitas Trust Limited (formerly Quinton Trust (Malta) Limited), authorised by the MFSA to provide trustee and other fiduciary services. Felicitas Corporate Limited (formerly Quinton Services Limited), registered with the MFSA to act as a company services provider. Felicitas Solutions Limited, registered with the Isle of Man Office of Fair Trading as a money lending business. Take a look at our website Felicitas – Structuring is our business and stay in touch with us - even better, we’ll be at a number of events in London and Monaco later in the year (details to follow), so why not come and meet us? hashtag#felicitasgroup hashtag#financialservices
    London - stay in Malta you sack of … And the lady leading it must be of the most ethical nature going round...

Comment

Felicitas

Hi everyone,

So looks like quite a few of us have been caught up in this. I used the scheme through Sanzar in my youth and have tried to make amends by settling with HMRC.

I received a letter from Felicitas last week giving notice of debt being transfer to them from Sanzar.

I have settled with HMRC in full already and now receive this letter from Felicitas, just when I thought I had heard the end of this all.

I am keen to get some advice on this, I'm wondering has anyone received a response Felicitas from when they have sent them letter requesting further information after receiving a notice or demand letter.

Not sure whether I should ignore this altogether as the letter does seem like circular letter.

Would really appreciate some advice!

Comment

Originally posted by grahamc View Post
        Exactly, was Sanzar and Garraway registered as money lenders?
        The Trusts lent the money , this guy Sacco has been doing this sort of crap for 30 years , i doubt he would make elementary mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
          Did you spot the exemption for employees in the regulations? I've no idea what they mean as I know little of IOM law.
          The question is which organisation required the moneylenders license , IQ / Winchester or the Trust . It was the Trust that actually approved the loans and from one of the emails , it mentioned profits to the trust , so it must have been coming from the Trust, and since the assignment of the loans was from the Trust , then it would point to them.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesi View Post
            OK,...did they pack my envelope wrong and meant to have included a demand...? Who knows but it wouldn't surprise me. In any event I ask would they have to prove they have made a demand and that I have received it and then ignored it before proceeding to any further stage? My last dealings with IQ was end 2014 if I get to the end of the year would not statute barred debt rules apply.. I'm rambling I stop now.
            I also only got the notice of assignment 2-sided , and a letter from Felicitas saying it had happened and that they were the owner of the debt, but no demand for payment of anything.

Comment

I also only got the notice of assignment 2-sided , and a letter from Felicitas saying it had happened and that they were the owner of the debt, but no demand for payment of anything.
              That’s exactly what I received. I wonder why we and others did not receive a demand for payment?

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I suspect you actually signed away the money you earned when you joined the scheme in return for a small salary and access to a trust where the rest of the money (no longer yours) was placed.

The same is true of money laundering , the money is moved from one organisation to another until finally it ends up in a legitimate business and can be extracted clean, it is still illegal .
                In this case it is blatantly clear , and i still have the marketing brochure of one of the schemes , and there is an explanatory flow chart and explanation of how the money is earned by me , flows from me , into their company , into the trust , and then back to me, in a nice little loop.

Comment

The Trusts lent the money , this guy Sacco has been doing this sort of crap for 30 years , i doubt he would make elementary mistakes.
                  There’s also some obvious questions... what happened between 2014 when, Professional Independent Trustees (for Winchester or WCS) stopped being a moneylender and now when the ‘debt’ (as referred to in the Felicitas letter, it doesn't mention ‘loan’).

Where has our data been sat for all this time - for these organisations I’d assume it’s a GDPR nightmare and agree with many on here that Subject Access Requests will (if ever replied to) will come back with some interesting information.

Also, why now are these guys so public? Sacco is all over LinkedIn so are the other employees (assuming all real profiles). They’re either very brazen or plain daft - same goes for Gladstone’s for those affected by their letters. They’re SRA registered and their employees are easy to find too. It’s a completely different situation to the days of THL where just one or two individuals could be identified through a Companies House search. So why now have the are these guys surfacing in public?

My gut feel says these letters are their attempt to reel in the minor % of people who will cave and pay up as some did with THL in the hope their ‘loan’ will be written off. As far as I’m concerned and bearing in mind it’s a notice of transfer not a demand it carries as much weight as me sticking a post-it note through my neighbours door saying they owe me 50k.

Comment

The same is true of money laundering , the money is moved from one organisation to another until finally it ends up in a legitimate business and can be extracted clean, it is still illegal .
                    In this case it is blatantly clear , and i still have the marketing brochure of one of the schemes , and there is an explanatory flow chart and explanation of how the money is earned by me , flows from me , into their company , into the trust , and then back to me, in a nice little loop.
                    Another way to look at this is - I invoiced my end client, the Trust then invoiced me, I then loaned them MY money and then they repaid the loan back to ME...

Sounds ridiculous I know but this whole thing is ridiculous. I may contact Felicitas and demand they repay me the money I loaned to them, er...even though they actually paid it back anyway... seriously, the world has gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by untame274 View Post
                      Hi, Yes I just checked my post and got a Felicitas Invoice for £100k. That is what I earned over the 2.5 yrs I used this scheme. And I also have HMRC on my back for disguised loan remuneration scheme for £36k. I registered and am trying to pay a flat rate over 7 yrs or more to HMRC. Now this scam comes Felicitas.. when i saw the Invoice. 1. the demand looks like a photocopy of loan amounts. 2. No breakdowns .. 3. A 2 sided letter to me says personal. 4. A signature which shows a name so cleverly disguised not to reveal the full name, surname, 5. A class action it says.. from my understanding i think the solicitor needs to put in print, name, licence, location, exactly in detail what I owed, what I signed etc and clearly I am sending this to HMRC as well to ask why I am paying this as well? or should ? 6. I am not paying anything as if I get a knock on the door, there is more I am intending to give.. So now I am preparing a letter to them and also HMRC..

R Harold D'cruz
                      The signature on the Felicitas letter is Catherine Robinson , Finance Manager / Director of Felicitas
                      Normally one would put the name typed underneath.

Comment

Working...
                      X