IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands - Page 80
Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3070787980
Posts 791 to 799 of 799
  1. #791

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    23,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pjmfer View Post
    I’m paying a solicitor to draft a dispute letter for me.
    Why? Does your solicitor know all the ins and outs of tax law and the impact of potential IoM courts?

    Just use Webberg or Etctax - you could then pass that to your solicitor to sanity check.

    My concern in all this is that people say or do something that results in them saying the wrong thing.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  2. #792

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    My concern in all this is that people say or do something that results in them saying the wrong thing.
    Aye, it's a bit like being arrested by the Police. It's better to go "no comment" (no response) than say anything that may be given in evidence.

  3. #793

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    5

    Default I am interested - my letter deadline is 28th Feb!!

    Can you help me further?

    Quote Originally Posted by lisap View Post
    Hi - I am interested in the Big Group, and wanted to know how to join, and the terms of reference please.

    Any information someone can send me would be helpful.
    Thank you
    LisaP

  4. #794

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default Employment letter from Darwin Received and evidence I have of employment

    I live overseas now, however a letter has been received at my UK address demanding GBP 30,000 for loan repayment.
    I was wondering how to counter this demand.
    I worked through Darwin arrangement for 6 months in 2010.
    I did a bit of searching for documents I had from Darwin.

    Towards the end of my contract, I had requested Darwin for employment proof whilst applying for a mortgage.
    They sent me 2 documents on Darwin letter head.

    1. Employment letter on Darwin Pay letterhead, content of letter is as following.

    18th of June 2010

    To whom it may concern

    I can confirm that Mr XXXXX Singh, of the above-mentioned address, is a current full-time employee of
    DarwinPay Limited and has been in our employment since 8th of January 2010.

    His expected annual gross income is GBP XX,XXX.00.

    Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

    Head of Human Resources

    DarwinPay Limited

    2. Letter states: "Proof of Earnings for Mr XXXXXX Singh"

    This letter has a table with 5 columns with each column having the following heading.

    Payroll Instruction Reference Employee Reference Payment Date Invoice Description Payment 1 Payment 2
    PI000XXX SINXXXX 21-01-2010 W/E 08-01-2010/15-01-2010 £ XXX.XX £ XXXX.XX
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX
    XXXXXX


    Can above evidence 1 & 2 counter these demands of loan repayment as it clearly recognizes me as a full time employee of Darwin and letter 2 mentions employee name, PAYROLL Ref, Emp Ref, invoice, Payment. Letter says Earnings.

  5. #795

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    11

    Default Darwin and Halo Umberella

    Good day to you all.
    I met yesterday with the accountant at the company I worked for whilst using Darwin Pay Isle of Man.
    He furnished me with Bank account details of there UK partners Halo and all payments made to them for my services.
    Both companies have now gone down the pan but did notice a previous Halo director had 267 appointments and resignations????? seems a dodgy crew.
    I have individually put together all payments made to Halo/Darwin via my agent and those made from Darwin directly to my bank account and neither tallies with the Felicitas demand.
    No letter from Gladstones yet but I have all the ammunition to blow them out of the water.

  6. #796

    bored now

    eek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    😂
    Posts
    23,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSINGH View Post
    information
    No it doesn't contradict anything as the entire purpose of these schemes was to use loans to pass money to their employees rather than paying everyone in cash with full tax paid.

    Worse the fact the loan was made to an employee means it's outside loan regulation scopes so that closes one means of dispute.

    As with all the cases and the other too posts last night your options are listed in the sticky at the top of this page see https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-nutshell.html
    Last edited by eek; 26th February 2020 at 09:03.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

  7. #797

    Super poster


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    3,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lisap View Post
    Can you help me further?
    If you want WTT, you need to call us.

    Others are available.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

    (No, me neither).

  8. #798

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5

    Default illegal loan anyway

    Quote Originally Posted by eek View Post
    No it doesn't contradict anything as the entire purpose of these schemes was to use loans to pass money to their employees rather than paying everyone in cash with full tax paid.

    Worse the fact the loan was made to an employee means it's outside loan regulation scopes so that closes one means of dispute.

    As with all the cases and the other too posts last night your options are listed in the sticky at the top of this page see https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...-nutshell.html
    But fca uk/moneylenders act iom states if the loan to the individual was NOT for business purposes and/or sole trader no loan can be offered without a credit license; therefore the consequence of this illegality is the loan repayment is void.
    A loan to an employee/sole trader would be a commercial loan, therefore illegal. To preempt their challenge: surely a loan to do anything an employee wants with, without a specified business purpose and backed up with a business plan etc, is closer to a benefit in kind than a business loan!

  9. #799

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    106,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OptOut View Post
    But fca uk/moneylenders act iom states if the loan to the individual was NOT for business purposes and/or sole trader no loan can be offered without a credit license; therefore the consequence of this illegality is the loan repayment is void.
    A loan to an employee/sole trader would be a commercial loan, therefore illegal. To preempt their challenge: surely a loan to do anything an employee wants with, without a specified business purpose and backed up with a business plan etc, is closer to a benefit in kind than a business loan!
    Then you have nothing to worry about. Just ignore the letter.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •