• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 78paul View Post
    Hi Matt,
    What did he say?
    Hi Paul, not a lot - asked who I was and why I was calling. I then started to explain my thoughts on his company and their operating practices at which point he hung up - so I sent the rest of my thoughts via text message!

Comment

Got a similar letter yesterday.

We really need to fight these guys as they made our life hell.
      Already going through a hard time paying to HMRC settlement and now this.
      Going to hire a solicitor but happy to join you guys.
      Please let me know if we are going to fight this together.

Comment

Originally posted by m786 View Post
        We really need to fight these guys as they made our life hell.
        Already going through a hard time paying to HMRC settlement and now this.
        Going to hire a solicitor but happy to join you guys.
        Please let me know if we are going to fight this together.
        Suggest at this stage nothing to fight - no legal basis. Just ignore or dispute it. However in the unlikely event that they escalate and we need to engage a solicitor then I’d also be up for join forces and fight it as a group (stronger together!).

Best,

Matt
        Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 21:48.

Comment

Originally posted by MattWills78 View Post
          Suggest at this stage nothing to fight - no legal basis. Just ignore or dispute it. However in the unlikely event that they escalate and we need to engage a solicitor then I’d also be up for join forces and fight it as a group (stronger together!).

Best,

Matt
          I definitely agree m786! I also would much prefer to fight this as a group, strength in numbers.

I am still waiting to hear back from my accountant and will update with any fruitful news.

Paul
          Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 21:48.

Comment

I definitely agree m786! I also would much prefer to fight this as a group, strength in numbers.

I am still waiting to hear back from my accountant and will update with any fruitful news.

Paul
            I agree

Comment

Paul
              I have also asked my accountant to recommend any solicitor who has a experience in this field.
              These are scammers.
              We should also report them to each body who is responsible to monitor this kind of things.
              May be press.
              Dont know if someone from contractoruk can write a news letter too describing the situations.

Comment

Originally posted by m786 View Post
                I have also asked my accountant to recommend any solicitor who has a experience in this field.
                These are scammers.
                We should also report them to each body who is responsible to monitor this kind of things.
                May be press.
                Dont know if someone from contractoruk can write a news letter too describing the situations.
                its all over twitter. I would join LCAG 2019 Loan Charge Action Group (LCAG) - Loan Charge Action Group. Also make sure you local MP knows about your situation. You will find LCAG have some superb advice on dealing with your MP. There is also a an APPG (All Party Parliamentary Group) 190 odd menbers. LCAG can help get this raised but you will need to join.

Comment

A small update

Ok, so I have spoken to my accountant after receiving an email from them. Note, my accountant looks after many contractors so they are aware of these things but this one looks like it is new to all of us.

So, what we know -
                  Sanzar/Darwin/Garraway/Winchester/IQ group, that provided Tax Avoidance schemes, has surfaced through a new entity called Felicitas Solutions, an Isle of Man Company (And all these so called companies are from the same address, 2a Lord Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1HP).
                  This company in turn has instructed Gladstones Solicitors to pursue the matter with regards to interest, and ultimately, the repayment of the Loan. These are similar to those from the Trust Helpline a year or so ago..

Unfortunately it is not something that can be dealt with by accountants or tax advisors so they have urged us to contact a solicitor as soon as possible.

My accountant will continue to keep me informed if anything else comes to light.

I would think the best next step would be to put together a dispute letter using some of the useful info from these threads and respond back to Gladstone. At least that should buy some time..
                  For them to expect anyone to pay up huge sums of money within a week is just fricking ridiculous..
                  After that, and this this continues I strongly advise us all to combat this together as I think this will never go away and we will be a few more years down the line and something else will come along..

Paul

Comment

Ok, so I have spoken to my accountant after receiving an email from them. Note, my accountant looks after many contractors so they are aware of these things but this one looks like it is new to all of us.

So, what we know -
                    Sanzar/Darwin/Garraway/Winchester/IQ group, that provided Tax Avoidance schemes, has surfaced through a new entity called Felicitas Solutions, an Isle of Man Company (And all these so called companies are from the same address, 2a Lord Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM99 1HP).
                    This company in turn has instructed Gladstones Solicitors to pursue the matter with regards to interest, and ultimately, the repayment of the Loan. These are similar to those from the Trust Helpline a year or so ago..

Unfortunately it is not something that can be dealt with by accountants or tax advisors so they have urged us to contact a solicitor as soon as possible.

My accountant will continue to keep me informed if anything else comes to light.

I would think the best next step would be to put together a dispute letter using some of the useful info from these threads and respond back to Gladstone. At least that should buy some time..
                    For them to expect anyone to pay up huge sums of money within a week is just fricking ridiculous..
                    After that, and this this continues I strongly advise us all to combat this together as I think this will never go away and we will be a few more years down the line and something else will come along..

Paul
                    Paul, Felicitas doesn't operate from 2A Lord Street. A quick google search will tell you that. /opencorporatesdotcom/companies/im/131081C

At some stage in your past, you and everyone else, will have signed a loan agreement. You'll need to get your copy out and check its terms etc to properly form an opinion.

Then you'll need to check and see the underlying legal arrangements by which your loan was transferred from the original "lender" to the people now claiming repayment. If this all checks out, then you're not dealing with scammers (at least in the usual sense). Just because HMRC are treating the payments as income, doesn't automatically mean that the loan agreement is invalid. There's loads of threads on this in this part of the forum and what your experiencing isn't new. Pull up a chair and use the forum search facility to read about the others.

Comment

Gladstone Solictors & Felicitas?

Originally posted by RK87 View Post
                      Hello @webberg, I have received this letter. How do I join the Big Group?
                      Hello @webburg, I have also received a letter - how do I join the Big Group?

Comment

Working...
                      X