• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke to a lawyer yesterday who's advice was ignore the demands. He said I could pay him to write a letter, but he didn't think it was necessary at the moment.

Comment

Stick together

Hi All

As this rumbles on further from the day of the said letters and we are all doing slightly different things with the right intent, one of these solutions will be the correct one, I would advise and plead with all of use on here to stick together and share every crumb of detail/reply information we get.

As I have mentioned I disputed this straight away in the normal debt dispute way which will have to be dealt with under FCA rules, I have also asked my tax advisors to look into this.

I will keep everyone posted as I'm sure you all will.

VERY IMPORTANT THOUGH SHARE and STICK TOGETHER

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
        Hi All

As this rumbles on further from the day of the said letters and we are all doing slightly different things with the right intent, one of these solutions will be the correct one, I would advise and plead with all of use on here to stick together and share every crumb of detail/reply information we get.

As I have mentioned I disputed this straight away in the normal debt dispute way which will have to be dealt with under FCA rules, I have also asked my tax advisors to look into this.

I will keep everyone posted as I'm sure you all will.

VERY IMPORTANT THOUGH SHARE and STICK TOGETHER
        agreed, together we can get through this. stay positive. share any updates, responses, findings etc.

Also did anyone succumb to last years email fraud asking fro 15% to write off the loan? what confirmation did you receive?

Comment

Originally posted by TakenAlongForaRide View Post
          agreed, together we can get through this. stay positive. share any updates, responses, findings etc.

Also did anyone succumb to last years email fraud asking fro 15% to write off the loan? what confirmation did you receive?
          This has happened before? 15% last year? 12% this year? What percentage and under what guise will it be next year?

These grifters know they have no chance and are preying on people’s vulnerability. You don’t think the timing (just after the HMRC loan charges update) had anything to do with it? Of course it did.

Comment

Originally posted by Wazza1882 View Post
            This has happened before? 15% last year? 12% this year? What percentage and under what guise will it be next year?

These grifters know they have no chance and are preying on people’s vulnerability. You don’t think the timing (just after the HMRC loan charges update) had anything to do with it? Of course it did.

So when these schemes went under, they set up a ‘contractor helpline’ for dealing with the hmrc letters. This turned into ‘one time offer’ to clear the loan for a payment. It all came through emails, much less professional looking than this time. As if trying to help so that it would stop the hmrc from winning.

I don’t think people paid, there was much less threat and more ‘we are only trying to help’ sort of tactic.

I think the same people are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by corsair View Post
              So when these schemes went under, they set up a ‘contractor helpline’ for dealing with the hmrc letters. This turned into ‘one time offer’ to clear the loan for a payment. It all came through emails, much less professional looking than this time. As if trying to help so that it would stop the hmrc from winning.

I don’t think people paid, there was much less threat and more ‘we are only trying to help’ sort of tactic.

I think the same people are involved.
              Is that what that was? My tax advisors told me to stay as far away from that as possible! This is great news actually thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBoogieToday
                I second this … I used the template provided and I'm glad I did, learning all the time, I WILL SHARE ALL MY FINDINGS, the FCA in the IOM have been awesome and detailed in their response so far. And the Citizens Advice Bureau also.
                That would be great thankyou, likewise I will share anything I find out too..

When you say template provided, Is this for the letter of dispute? I have prepped mine with the bullets points from a post by Matt.

Additionally, I will also be drafting similar emails for SRA (Solicitor Regulatory Authority) and the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority)…
                As mentioned before, I am definitely in favour of Freeths and will contact them if need be - Strength in numbers plus the cost can be shared with using one firm.
                I contacted CAB and will call them again on Monday.

I'm wondering if it is worth drafting a response letter that we all use..?

Nightmare, Saturday night and we are all thinking about this and not enjoying our weekends... This is not right!!

Hope you all manage to get a decent weekend in..
                Last edited by 78paul; 8 February 2020, 19:18.

Comment

12th February?

After the 12th February deadline (which incidentally is when the protest marches against IR35 at Westminster) what do we think is their next move?

Do we think they’ve made enough money and then move on?

Is there a next step they can do to extort more money based on the info they have?

What was the next step last year when this happened?

Comment

I really feel for you guys.

Having dropped you in the shyte with HMRC, it's absolutely disgusting that the original scheme promoter has passed the carcass on to yet another bunch of vultures. Makes my blood boil.

It just goes to show how crooked these operators are.
                    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Several years ago one promoter asked for 10% of loans back. Those that did never saw the money again. The promoter has been struck off(for other issues) and criminal proceedings will follow.

The chances of any promoter being able to enforce is very close to zero.

IMO they are best ignored entirely.

Comment

Working...
                      X