• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wazza1882 View Post

Therefore if these moneylenders are registered moneylenders and advertised their money lending as an income scheme for contractors, then by definition (and I am not a lawyer so not sure) they have mis-sold their service to us.
    Did they advertise their wares as that?

They have not mis-sold. They have offered you an unregulated scheme backed by an opinion from somebody you've probably never heard of, certainly never read, was never intended for you anyway,
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
      Did you spot the exemption for employees in the regulations? I've no idea what they mean as I know little of IOM law.
      I did indeedy.

As I said, this law was introduced for a purpose and it wasn't anything to do with IR35. If someone makes a complaint and provides the OFT with some evidence then, the experts on the operation of the 1991 Act can investigate. As with any other investigating authority, they may not share the results. Plus of course the lenders may have registered in any case.
      Sadly the register isn't online and has to be inspected in person - it is however a public register.

Comment

Originally posted by neveragain View Post
        I have mailed gladstones requesting information and details about this 'loan' and interest charges amongst other queries.
        Also asked them what they give as a guarantee IF I paid the 'offer' amount, not to come back again in the future.
        They have not responded.

So, if we pay this offer amount, is there likely to be another tax from HMRC for the write off of this so called unsecured ‘loan’?
        Some are saying IHT, or another?
        I guess that the docs promise that Felicitas will not demand more but that will not necessarily stop them from selling on the debt for some new organisation to start making demands

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
          I did indeedy.

As I said, this law was introduced for a purpose and it wasn't anything to do with IR35. If someone makes a complaint and provides the OFT with some evidence then, the experts on the operation of the 1991 Act can investigate. As with any other investigating authority, they may not share the results. Plus of course the lenders may have registered in any case.
          Sadly the register isn't online and has to be inspected in person - it is however a public register.
          I guess, what many are forgetting here, is that the organisations we were engaged with have all been dissolved and the principles have gone to ground. If the HMRC cannot get them to Court what chance do you think we would have.
          Best bet is to fight this repayment demand jointly by engaging through the WTT group.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrogbank View Post
            I guess, what many are forgetting here, is that the organisations we were engaged with have all been dissolved and the principles have gone to ground. If the HMRC cannot get them to Court what chance do you think we would have.
            Best bet is to fight this repayment demand jointly by engaging through the WTT group.
            No they haven’t. The trusts are still up and running and well.

They have just passed on the data to another organisation. Why do that when you’re owed multi-millions in unsecured debt because you loaned money that wasn’t even yours? Your guess is as good as mine.

But if you rearrange the words below in to a coherent sentence, you might get my view on it.

Leg
            On
            No
            Stand
            To

Comment

No acknowledgement yet other than an auto email to say it was received
              Yeah I got a response but had to send the email twice, I'd expect their response to go to junk to be honest

Comment

Hi all

Still here and waiting but do have a some news from my excellent tax solicitors, it's not much more than has already been said on here, but they have said quite clearly sit tight, dispute for sure but definitely do not pay anything. They will be getting back to me again very soon.

I'm a bit disappointed how this is descending into a typical forum post, you know the sort claim counter claim, then rubbishing etc.,

We all need to stick together on this one and be strong together, if it means joining WTT all together then great but lets please stick together, even if we have to fight this in court 50 of us paying for one barrister is going to be extremely affordable.

No response to my debt dispute from Gladstones yet.

Stay strong.

Comment

HMRC

I'm pretty sure from the conversation I've had with HMRC today, that if you have settled with them - there will be no more tax to pay. That is assuming you've already disclosed these loans and agreed a figure to pay - even if you haven't yet paid it like me. HMRC were not aware of this - but they are now - and indicated this might affect settlements paid if the loans are valid. They've asked me to send in my letter to them so they can investigate this. If would be nice for once if HMRC actually did something useful and stamped all over these low life scum.

Comment

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
                    Hi all

Still here and waiting but do have a some news from my excellent tax solicitors, it's not much more than has already been said on here, but they have said quite clearly sit tight, dispute for sure but definitely do not pay anything. They will be getting back to me again very soon.

I'm a bit disappointed how this is descending into a typical forum post, you know the sort claim counter claim, then rubbishing etc.,

We all need to stick together on this one and be strong together, if it means joining WTT all together then great but lets please stick together, even if we have to fight this in court 50 of us paying for one barrister is going to be extremely affordable.

No response to my debt dispute from Gladstones yet.

Stay strong.
                    I believe the number signed up to the new WTT group well exceeds 100 so you might like to consider joining

Comment

I believe the number signed up to the new WTT group well exceeds 100 so you might like to consider joining
                      I am definitely considering joining.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X