• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Felicitas notice

Originally posted by G2510 View Post
    I have received the very same letter today from Felicitas Solutions claiming to be the Assignee of my "debt". I have been unable to locate a telephone number for the suspicious address in the IOM but rang the Malta office but alas no reply. I have fired an email off to them asking them what exactly they are claiming and what their intentions are for this alleged debt.
    Hiya i have done the same i emailed them that loans detailed are not valid as i have already setteled this with HMRC these have been trated as incomes and i have paid due tax on these. Please update your records accodringly and noting the same that these loans are not outstanding any more.

Comment

Cowboy outfit

Just found this little gem about Gladstone's Parking Prankster: Incompetent solicitor John Davies forced to drop yet another claim

This is not a particularly fearsome bunch. It also speaks volumes about the clowns that instructed them. WTT have these in their sights. I don't think that Gladstones will last long against them. I'd recommend anyone not already working with WTT to get in touch and have a chat with them. It's not free, but it takes a lot of the tress away. They also warned me this was coming, so when the letter arrived I had a good laugh and promptly ignored it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickLeeson2 View Post
        I have received the above letter with no demand. How the letter is full of ifs, buts and maybes. The letter contains very basic information and contains 'we could' type threats. Not all of the documents are signed. It has been written in the same context as the Trust Helpline letters.
        I too got a letter direct from Felicitas today. No demand for money, just a statement of money owed and another letter saying the debts/loans have been transferred to them

Comment

I have today 12/02 received a letter from Felicitas saying “loans” totalling in excess of £200k with Darwin Pay have been transferred to them. No demand at all. Any thoughts?

Comment

I never signed an IQ Loan

I got caught up with the IQ loan employment scheme. But I never signed any documents. Is their claim still valid? Is the loan enforceable?

Comment

Me too

Hi all,

I also received a letter today from Felicitas stating that I owe an astronomical amount of money.

Please bear with me as I'm new to this.

I have been reading through some of the forum which has been helpful.

I settled with HMRC a couple of years ago. The letter from Felicitas says that it's their understanding that HMRC may consider the Advances would be considered to be subjected to the 2019 Loan Charge Legislation.

However I have a letter from HMRC stating that they confim I have resolved my involvement with Sanzar Partnership and Sanzar solutions and amounts received would not be subjected to the loan charge from April 2019.

So can anyone advise where that leaves me or should I still seek legal advice please.? Just so confused.

I most certainly do not have that sort of money to pay anyone anything like everyone else.
              Thanks

Comment

Free Legal Advice if you satisfy their conditions

I have seen some people get clobbered on this platform for posting.

Here is something I found after contacting the We Are Advocate, it states they can give legal advice if you satisfy their conditions. Read the first paragraph as it say no legal advice and then yes they can offer it?? Am I thick here?

We cannot provide legal help to:
                People who qualify for legal aid
                Anyone who can afford the legal help they need
                People who have legal expenses insurance covering the problem they need help with

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry to Advocate. I have attached information below on how to apply for our services. Please note that we cannot give legal advice; however we provide a match making service between successful applicants and volunteer barristers who are able to help draft documents, give legal advice, and provide representation.

If you wish to apply for the free assistance of a barrister, then please note the following important information about how to make an application:

Application form
                All applications must be made using our Individual Application Form which can be found on our website. We cannot accept applications and supporting documents by email or fax.

Referring organisation
                Everyone must be referred by either a Citizens Advice Bureau, law centre, advice agency, practising solicitor/barrister or a local MP.

Area of law
                We can assist in any area of law.

3 weeks’ notice
                We must receive a complete application with all supporting documents at least 3 weeks before a hearing date or deadline. It is best to apply as soon as possible as we may need to request further documents from you. Guidance on relevant documents is available on our website.

Legal aid/solicitor
                We do not assist individuals who are entitled to legal aid or can access legal help through a union, insurance policy, no win no fee arrangement or can reasonably be expected to pay privately. Please explore this before applying.

3-day limit
                Generally, we do not ask barristers to spend more than 3 days on a piece of work. In exceptional cases we can assist at longer hearings or ask a barrister to advise and draft something for you to use at a longer hearing.

What a barrister does
                A barrister can provide advice, draft certain documents or represent you in any court/tribunal. Barristers cannot prepare case papers, lodge documents at any court/tribunal, provide administrative support or write letters on your behalf. You remain responsible for your case at all times.

What happens afterwards?
                Once your application form has been received we will contact you within 7 days to explain the next stage. Once ready, an application is sent to be reviewed by a senior barrister. If accepted, we try to find a volunteer barrister to assist. You can ask for more help once a piece of work has been completed.

Please note that we are a charity that relies on volunteer barristers, as a result we cannot assist in all cases. Sometimes when we accept a case it is unfortunately not always possible to find a volunteer barrister.

For further information and to download the application form please visit our website (Advocate: Finding free legal help from barristers). If you have any questions please call us on Monday, Wednesday or Friday between 10:15am-12:45pm (0207 092 3960).

It is not possible to make an appointment to visit us and we cannot provide advice by telephone.

Kind regards,

The Casework Team

Finding free legal help
                from barristers

The pro bono charity
                of the Bar

Advocate The National Pro Bono Centre,
                48 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JF
                DX 188 London Chancery Lane
                T 020 7092 3959
                Advocate: Finding free legal help from barristers
                The new name
                of the

Registered Charity No. 1057620 and Company Limited by Guarantee
                No. 3237309. Advocate is the operating name of the Bar Pro Bono Unit

Comment

Originally posted by Hobo View Post
                  Hi all,

I also received a letter today from Felicitas stating that I owe an astronomical amount of money.

Please bear with me as I'm new to this.

I have been reading through some of the forum which has been helpful.

I settled with HMRC a couple of years ago. The letter from Felicitas says that it's their understanding that HMRC may consider the Advances would be considered to be subjected to the 2019 Loan Charge Legislation.

However I have a letter from HMRC stating that they confim I have resolved my involvement with Sanzar Partnership and Sanzar solutions and amounts received would not be subjected to the loan charge from April 2019.

So can anyone advise where that leaves me or should I still seek legal advice please.? Just so confused.

I most certainly do not have that sort of money to pay anyone anything like everyone else.
                  Thanks
                  Same here. So I got in touch with WTT suggest you may want to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                    Please read the thread.

A write off is almost certainly a tax charge within section 554C ITEPA.

By all means pay your 12% but be prepared to pay another 20%/40%/45% of the remaining 88% in tax charges.
                    Webberg, is it a tax charge if loan is written off before settlement or after (or either)?

Comment

Originally posted by NickLeeson2 View Post
                      I have received the above letter with no demand. How the letter is full of ifs, buts and maybes. The letter contains very basic information and contains 'we could' type threats. Not all of the documents are signed. It has been written in the same context as the Trust Helpline letters.
                      Hi my letter is the same. The only bit that was "Signed" but not with an actual "wet signature" was the Notice of Acquisition of Lenders Rights dated 5th Feb which I received today.
                      It shows the amount of so called debt, but does not request for any payment as yet.

You're right, it has a lot of "that are" or "become due".

Comment

Working...
                      X