• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wazza1882 View Post
    Well! I wonder what impact this might have on loan charges or on IR35?

Interesting. Rishi Sunak to take over.
    Whatever Dom tells him the impact will be. Weird how Saj never spoke on the subject at all IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
      Whatever Dom tells him the impact will be. Weird how Saj never spoke on the subject at all IIRC.
      I wouldn't say that Boris has been that vocal about it

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
        I wouldn't say that Boris has been that vocal about it
        Maybe not except at hustings where he agreed the review. It's a Treasury responsibility however.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
          Maybe not except at hustings where he agreed the review. It's a Treasury responsibility however.
          Yes but the reason Javid resigned is because he didnt want to sack his advisors within the treasury and replace them with No. 10 specified advisors for the treasury.

If that is the case then these new advisors will come in and hopefully make a difference with regards to the loan charge and IR35.

Comment

Hell Waaza, that's really clutching at straws

Development in the Isle of Man Isle of Man Government - News

Quinton Private Finance Limited's moneylender licence has expired. Directors A Sacco and C Robinson.

Not sure where this fits in the chain but its an indicator that the operators were aware of the requirement to register as moneylenders.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post

Quinton Private Finance Limited's moneylender licence has expired. Directors A Sacco and C Robinson.

Not sure where this fits in the chain but its an indicator that the operators were aware of the requirement to register as moneylenders.
              Catherine Robinson- receptionist one week - director of Felicitas IOM the next.

Comment

Letter from Felicitas about Sanzar debt

Paul, Felicitas doesn't operate from 2A Lord Street. A quick google search will tell you that. https://opencorporates.com/companies/im/131081C

At some stage in your past, you and everyone else, will have signed a loan agreement. You'll need to get your copy out and check its terms etc to properly form an opinion.

Then you'll need to check and see the underlying legal arrangements by which your loan was transferred from the original "lender" to the people now claiming repayment. If this all checks out, then you're not dealing with scammers (at least in the usual sense). Just because HMRC are treating the payments as income, doesn't automatically mean that the loan agreement is invalid. There's loads of threads on this in this part of the forum and what your experiencing isn't new. Pull up a chair and use the forum search facility to read about the others.

Hello all,

I've also received the same letter, mine was for debt with Sanzar. I connected the website JustAnswer for advice and they replied with the below.

Has anyone on this thread replied back to Felicitas yet? If so, what was their response, etc?

"As you are probably aware a number of umbrella comoanies operated illegally making loans which were never intended to be repaid instead of operating PAYE. This was disguised remuneration and HMRC have been chasing these. This is a new trick passing the debt on to a third party. Just tell Felicitas politely that you owed nothing to Sanzar and tell them to stick their demands where the monkey sticks his nuts. In any event they are time barred under the Limitation Act, 1980"

Comment

Nice find!

Well hopefully that is the start of the demise
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 22:19.

Comment

This is all you need to know....

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
                    Unfortunately a lot on here are getting mightily mixed up with what these letters actually are.

They are debt collection letters, a debt non of us knew or know about.

Treat them in the first instance as debts one does not know about, treat them exactly as if someone came to the front door asking for money one would simply ask for proof.

Dispute the debt, this is totally free you don't need expensive solicitors at this stage for that. You are covered by FCA guidelines on debt dispute.
                    IF and a big IF they come back with further letters claiming proof, the next step is to ask for;

A SIGNED credit agreement (original copy)
                    A SIGNED terms and conditions agreemnt
                    A SIGNED payment amount, payment terms, loan duration.

I see a lot of post about involving police, the police will have zero interest in theses cases these are civil disputes. Stick to financial authorities and legislators.

Finally if we do go to court for proof of loan, with WTT or any advising barrister, G**sto** will need to prove we took out loans, what better defence can we all have than the Crown? If the Crown and HMRC have proved in a Crown Court these are not loans, and indeed changed the law accordingly, then good luck to any legal team trying to overturn HMRC's decisions.

I am going to sign up to WTT for support, I too have excellent tax lawyers, however they are just that tax lawyers.

Remember all this is not a resurrection of the loan charge this is a debt collection dispute of a loan.

It looks as though we are all sticking together and sharing what we know. However, we are all in the same boat awaiting responses which I admit for some must be awful.

STAY STRONG

pnr8uk is 100% correct. True signed copies are all that matter when it comes to proving a debt.

Also, the letters from Gladsttnnnns show a massive amount of ONE loan from any of the made up companies that demand it. I NEVER signed a loan for 101k or 56K or 74K or whatever.

If anyone wants to respond to these idiots follow the 3-4 part plan from get out of debt free dot com.

I am no expert or whatever but I have been in a lot of trouble in past years for personal loans and once they are passed to debt collectors, fel!cit&s, then they have to have followed the correct procedures and have correct documentation before they can legally recover a debt. They do not.

WEBBERG is your best ref here from all that I have read.

Concentrate efforts on Loan Charge and IR35, this is laughable.

Have a great early weekend.

Comment

Concerned individual

Originally posted by AAJ View Post
                      Hello,

I have today received a letter out of the blue from Gladstones solicitors who are writing on behalf of Felicitas Solutions. Felicitas Solutions have demanded payment of interest for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 on an outstanding loan relating to Garraway Ltd.

The letters details several loans, amounting to a very large sum of money. I did in the past use Garraway and settled with HMRC years ago. The amount lent and hence tax paid was far less than the amounts being requested Have Garraway really sold on loans? Can payments be demanded if they have? Is there a way to find out the original details of a loan, e.g. total amount, interest etc.?

I can see that some people have received a similar letter relating to the K2 scheme. Has anyone received a similar demands from Gladstones Solicitors for a loan relating to Garraway?

-a bit shocked-
                      Like many other ex Sanzar scheme members, I have just received a letter, giving Notice of Acquisition of Lenders Rights suggesting that they are the lender in relation of my Sanzar loan claiming that I am now responsible for repaying the loan and that any sums due can be initiated only by them, and they may engage solicitors, debt collection agents / bailiffs and/ or other agents to act on their behalf.
                      Money was paid in by my employer received by Sanzar and paid into my account, there being no outstanding debt to pay as I paid my HMRC backdated tax for the time that I was with Sanzar.
                      It was stated at the time that the loan would never have to be repaid. I was foolish to have joined this scheme in the first place but I have paid my dues to HMRC so I thought that would be the end of the matter -now this.
                      My concern is that some court in the Isle of Man will authorise this claim against me without giving me the chance to put my case.
                      There must be many others in this same position. It would be advantageous to fight this spurious claim as a group and share the cost of employing a professional.
                      I feel very isolated and vulnerable at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                      X