• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTT experience on the matter

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    We have become aware that

Gladstones Solicitors Ltd (based in Knutsford)

Felicitas Solutions (based in Ramsay IOM)

Have been issuing demands for interest payments and repayment of loans that were made by:

ECS International Trustees (IOM) Ltd as a lender who appear to have acquired their interest in the debt from Black Lake Ltd, formerly IQ Consultants Ltd.

(ECS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly, IOM, 2a Lord St, Douglas).

There is a threat of legal action if you don't pay.

Or, you can pay 12% of the alleged balance outstanding and have all loans and interest cancelled.

(helpfully, the letter includes contact details of the Samaritans).

Be aware:

Having all or part of the loan written off for less than full value is more than likely a "relevant step" for the purposes of Part 7A and therefore WILL create a tax charge.

The arrangements leading to the making of the loan may be such that the debt can be challenged legally.

There are a number of other debatable elements in the chain of events here.

We will be advising Big Group clients on this action tomorrow.

In the short term however, the letter invites you to "dispute the amount due" and we recommend that you do.

if you are not in receipt of advice on any involvement you had in IQ - NOW is the time to rectify that.
    Hi All, I read many posts here; some more info below for discussion.

Why do some people on the forum claim WTT has experience on the subject? I have contacted them... Got a price to deal with "A fee of £??? + VAT will be requested as part of that process to cover costs of drafting the various communications for you."

and it seems they will not deal directly with Felicitas and the others involved - they will draft responses for us to send to the various entities...: "we will be in a position to send our clients a letter to send to the various parties in conjunction with the above."

Would someone loan you money and then ask you to pay a small % to write it off?!!!!
    Probably best is to ask for more loans from them if only have to repay 5% or 10% +£250 fee!!
    another email:

Your trustees have asked us to write to you with regards to their decision yesterday to change the presently favourable repayment terms from 95% written off to only 90% written off, for deeds drawn up after 1st March 2019. This will increase the repayment required from 5% to 10%. Your total loan balance is.

As you will recall from our correspondence over the last year, you have outstanding loans in connection with providing your services through a contractor loans scheme. Following Parliament's decision to introduce the 2019 Loan Charge, the trustees have offered to release you from the loans. We have previously written to you with the trustees' offer of favourable terms. Getting your loans released may be helpful in your negotiations with HMRC. It also means that you can be certain you will never be charged interest, nor have repayment demanded in future.

The trustees present offer is to write off 95% of the loan balance in exchange for a 5% repayment. There is also a £250 administration fee per trust. The offer has been extremely popular, with most of those receiving the formal offer documents accepting the terms. As a consequence, fewer trust beneficiaries remain to fund the ongoing costs of the operation. You are amongst this group. This has led the trustees to decrease the written off amount from 95% of the loans to 90%, with effect from 1st March 2019. This increases the amount that must be repaid from 5% of the outstanding balance to 10%.

To benefit from the present favourable terms, so that you only need to repay 5% of the outstanding balance, please log into our portal now. You'll need to confirm your identity to us before we can share further personal financial information with you. Once you've done this, please indicate that you wish to obtain a deed of release. The deed is the legal evidence that your loans have been released and you have no further obligation to the trust. Further instructions will be provided at this point. You will need to obtain your draft deeds for signature on or before 1st March 2019 if you want to benefit from the present terms.

Who are we?

The Trust Help Line is operated by Helpline Services Ltd. We're an independent UK company that carries out work on behalf of our clients, including firms of professional trustees. Amongst our clients are the trustees who manage the loan(s) you obtained at the time you were providing your services through IQ. These trustees have a duty to act in the interests of trust beneficiaries – including you – as a group. We've been appointed on that basis.

Yours sincerely
    Trust Help Line

How to fight this scam quickly?
    Have you read the reference to Big Group?
    Apreciate your comments;

Comment

Proof of payments

I have been advised by my solicitor to as these scum if they supplied loans to me whilst with Darwin who incidentally when ou of business in 2013 when I also got confirmation from HMRC that they were a tax avoidance company and they did not recognise my loan and thus handed me a hefty tax settlement.
      They want a declaration stating that the monies were directly from there account and no from a third party ie my agent.If they confirm they are clearly lying as my agent can prove.
      Also have got a copy of all payments from Darwin in that period and it doesn’t tie in with what they are claiming which by the way is the exact amount THL tried to extort exactly a year ago.
      Please be also alert that they probably have spies on this forum posting negative comments in order to scare any vulnerable people.
      They need squashed as are truly verman

and it seems they will not deal directly with Felicitas and the others involved - they will draft responses for us to send to the various entities...: "we will be in a position to send our clients a letter to send to the various parties in conjunction with the above."

Would someone loan you money and then ask you to pay a small % to write it off?!!!!
      Probably best is to ask for more loans from them if only have to repay 5% or 10% +£250 fee!!
      another email:

Your trustees have asked us to write to you with regards to their decision yesterday to change the presently favourable repayment terms from 95% written off to only 90% written off, for deeds drawn up after 1st March 2019. This will increase the repayment required from 5% to 10%. Your total loan balance is.

As you will recall from our correspondence over the last year, you have outstanding loans in connection with providing your services through a contractor loans scheme. Following Parliament's decision to introduce the 2019 Loan Charge, the trustees have offered to release you from the loans. We have previously written to you with the trustees' offer of favourable terms. Getting your loans released may be helpful in your negotiations with HMRC. It also means that you can be certain you will never be charged interest, nor have repayment demanded in future.

The trustees present offer is to write off 95% of the loan balance in exchange for a 5% repayment. There is also a £250 administration fee per trust. The offer has been extremely popular, with most of those receiving the formal offer documents accepting the terms. As a consequence, fewer trust beneficiaries remain to fund the ongoing costs of the operation. You are amongst this group. This has led the trustees to decrease the written off amount from 95% of the loans to 90%, with effect from 1st March 2019. This increases the amount that must be repaid from 5% of the outstanding balance to 10%.

To benefit from the present favourable terms, so that you only need to repay 5% of the outstanding balance, please log into our portal now. You'll need to confirm your identity to us before we can share further personal financial information with you. Once you've done this, please indicate that you wish to obtain a deed of release. The deed is the legal evidence that your loans have been released and you have no further obligation to the trust. Further instructions will be provided at this point. You will need to obtain your draft deeds for signature on or before 1st March 2019 if you want to benefit from the present terms.

Who are we?

The Trust Help Line is operated by Helpline Services Ltd. We're an independent UK company that carries out work on behalf of our clients, including firms of professional trustees. Amongst our clients are the trustees who manage the loan(s) you obtained at the time you were providing your services through IQ. These trustees have a duty to act in the interests of trust beneficiaries – including you – as a group. We've been appointed on that basis.

Yours sincerely
      Trust Help Line

Apreciate your comments;[/QUOTE]

Comment

With the caveat that I'm not a lawyer and that you should seek proper advice.

If I were to play devil's advocate here I might argue that the loan is real because YOU signed the agreement but that the P11D, which you did not complete, did not sign and have no legal rights and obligations towards, is a false document.

There are perhaps other arguments that I'm not going to make a gift of here.

I can think of a number of counter arguments as to the claimed integrity of the loan as well.
        Webberg, what is your experience in this matter as a WTT employee? Could you provide cae studies and success stories?

Looked into my records and could not find any reference to the word "loan" in any contract with exception of the email from IQ informing "loan payment has been made..."!!!
        It is also very strange that HMRC has classified the amount so called "loan" as income" and asked to settle which i did; IQ last year asked for a payment of £250 fee + 5% which then later increased to 10% to write off the loan... what loan - never borrowed any money. What are the T&Cs of that loan? rates, period,...

Your comments appreciated.
        Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Sense1 View Post
          Hi All, I read many posts here; some more info below for discussion.

Why do some people on the forum claim WTT has experience on the subject? I have contacted them... Got a price to deal with "A fee of £??? + VAT will be requested as part of that process to cover costs of drafting the various communications for you."

[/B]
          You've mentioned us, I'll respond.

WTT has been involved in this issue since early 2015. We have considerable knowledge of how the schemes claim to work and the tax consequences. We have also previously acted for clients who had loans being demanded from them. Those clients have not repaid any loans.

In dealing with the likes of Felicitas there are both certain legal forms to observe and some tactics to be employed. The process we have commenced achieves both.

In due course and when we need to, we will engage directly with Felicitas.

As to the rest of your post, you seem to be quoting from the circular sent around by Vantage - a party probably connected to AML - before the loan charge came into being. I'm not sure why you would think that a process designed to frustrate the loan charge (and I offer no opinion as to whether it would have achieved that, but would say that a scheme to solve a scheme is probably not a good idea) should have relevance now?
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I'm also a bit confused about why Sense 1 (2 posts) and Zander (9 posts) seem to be using the same words - exactly the same words - in their posts?

I refer you all to cojak's earlier warning about how these threads are sometimes infiltrated.

be cautious.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Sense1 View Post
              Webberg, what is your experience in this matter as a WTT employee? Could you provide cae studies and success stories?

Looked into my records and could not find any reference to the word "loan" in any contract with exception of the email from IQ informing "loan payment has been made..."!!!
              It is also very strange that HMRC has classified the amount so called "loan" as income" and asked to settle which i did; IQ last year asked for a payment of £250 fee + 5% which then later increased to 10% to write off the loan... what loan - never borrowed any money. What are the T&Cs of that loan? rates, period,...

Your comments appreciated.
              Thank you
              I think that 10 minutes with Google and perhaps an hour reading this thread will give you all the answers you need.

(No, me neither).

Comment

now that we know who these scumbags are, would it be worth contacting the press to name and shame them. I'm sure The Sun would like to expose them for us

Comment

The press is a two edged sword Obi1.
                  Also - he who sups with the devil needs a long spoon.

Remember that the public perception of "schemes" may mean that gutter press involvement doesn't deliver the result you're seeking.

Comment

I'm also a bit confused about why Sense 1 (2 posts) and Zander (9 posts) seem to be using the same words - exactly the same words - in their posts?

I refer you all to cojak's earlier warning about how these threads are sometimes infiltrated.

be cautious.
                    Webberg
                    With you and already had same thoughts
                    Have means to trace the originators if we need to
                    Scrogbank

Comment

be cautious.
                      Looking at one of the posts, I think it was a 'quote' gone wrong:

Apreciate your comments;[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                      X