• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smudge67er View Post
    Looking at one of the posts, I think it was a 'quote' gone wrong:

How to fight this scam quickly?
    Have you read the reference to Big Group?
    Apreciate your comments;
    [/QUOTE]

You are correct; wanted to copy one email but could not include all the words;

Comment

Originally posted by Scrogbank View Post
      Webberg
      With you and already had same thoughts
      Have means to trace the originators if we need to
      Scrogbank
      That is not polite when all of us are on the same boat i assume;

Comment

Originally posted by Sense1 View Post
        That is not polite when all of us are on the same boat i assume;
        I think the point here is that you have posted looking for answers to questions that are either freely available from a short Google search or which this thread (accepting it's 600+ posts) have already covered.

I really don't mind if you want to check my background, but there are ways of doing that without pushing this thread off topic.

Success stories? After less than 2 weeks? No.

The point is that many promoters and their connections come here and waste time and effort from those of us willing to share and it's not too much to expect that posters spend some time getting up to speed.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Felicitas Solutions - Loan reassignments from Winchester

Got a letter at the weekend informing me that my loans through Winchester UK and Winchester Contracts UK have been reassigned to Feleicitas Solutions.

So another one to add to the list it seems, have yet to see the solicitors letter which i know will land on the door mat.

Aside from the fact that i can't see how any such reassignment is in the best interests of any beneficiaries and that no notice was given before the reassignment to the beneficicary (me) i can't see how the reassignment will stack up in a legal challenge if there was one.

And even more interesting is that I formally agreed with HMRC that my loans are treated as income for all relevant tax years and the TAX and NICs amounts have been included and accepted and form part of a final proof of debt from HMRC - so good luck I say in unwinding that.

Finally the loan interest accrued, this will be for my IP to resolve with them, which given the settled position with HMRC will likely cause them to reconsider their position, i would hope logic would dictate.

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          We have become aware that

Gladstones Solicitors Ltd (based in Knutsford)

Felicitas Solutions (based in Ramsay IOM)

Have been issuing demands for interest payments and repayment of loans that were made by:

ECS International Trustees (IOM) Ltd as a lender who appear to have acquired their interest in the debt from Black Lake Ltd, formerly IQ Consultants Ltd.

(ECS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Tilly, IOM, 2a Lord St, Douglas).

There is a threat of legal action if you don't pay.

Or, you can pay 12% of the alleged balance outstanding and have all loans and interest cancelled.

(helpfully, the letter includes contact details of the Samaritans).

Be aware:

Having all or part of the loan written off for less than full value is more than likely a "relevant step" for the purposes of Part 7A and therefore WILL create a tax charge.

The arrangements leading to the making of the loan may be such that the debt can be challenged legally.

There are a number of other debatable elements in the chain of events here.

We will be advising Big Group clients on this action tomorrow.

In the short term however, the letter invites you to "dispute the amount due" and we recommend that you do.

if you are not in receipt of advice on any involvement you had in IQ - NOW is the time to rectify that.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            I think that 10 minutes with Google and perhaps an hour reading this thread will give you all the answers you need.
            Webberg,

Thank you for the feedback; I for one, am a victim of this scam; Note: I am not against you but not with you or WTT (at least yet); Difficult to know who to trust given the circumstances; Not the one the readers of this blog should be cautious with! I need more substancial evidence of the results achieved; Assume the other readers want that as well; Some have asked for that already but no robust answer was given to their posts;
            To me the outcome is not: not having to pay or write off the so called "loan" - I do not need any external party to achieve that; Already settled with HMRC on what was classified as income; The outcome I want to achieve is to ensure the process is stopped ensuring the relevant authorities in this matter are in the loop and acting on it.
            What guarantees do you give to the readers that that will be achieved?
            Which authorities did WTT notify/work with?

Thank you.
            All the best;

Comment

Webberg,

To me the outcome is not: not having to pay or write off the so called "loan" - I do not need any external party to achieve that;
              Well, if you don't need an external party to ensure you don't have to 'pay or write off the loan' then why are you on here?

Comment

Who can settle their tax affairs under the November 2017 terms

Disguised remuneration: settling your tax affairs - GOV.UK

Comment

If you Google "Loan Repayment Demand" - this thread or link is the 7th most popular.

Comment

Webberg,

I need more substancial evidence of the results achieved; I have clearly set out what we have done in the past. Our clients had a loan demand, we challenged it, it has not been renewed. More recently we have achieved a moratorium on loan repayment demands and are considering next steps. On the IQ et al demands, bearing in mind they have been with us two weeks, what "substantial evidence" are you looking for? I suggest that nobody yet knows what the end game will be here.

Assume the other readers want that as well; Some have asked for that already but no robust answer was given to their posts; I'd have to disagree. The answers given are the answers available. I'm not going to lie.
                    To me the outcome is not: not having to pay or write off the so called "loan" - I do not need any external party to achieve that; Already settled with HMRC on what was classified as income; read the posts. Just because HMRC treats this as income DOES NOT MEAN that it is not a loan for legal purposes that can be collected. The outcome I want to achieve is to ensure the process is stopped ensuring the relevant authorities in this matter are in the loop and acting on it.
                    What guarantees do you give to the readers that that will be achieved? Why do you need a guarantee? You say above that you do not need an external party to achieve what you are now asking me to guarantee?
                    Which authorities did WTT notify/work with? Whomever is required to achieve the strategy we develop.

Thank you.
                    All the best;
                    I said earlier that a few minutes on Google and an hour reading the thread would answer pretty much all your points.

I repeat that.

This is my last response to you.
                    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                      Well, if you don't need an external party to ensure you don't have to 'pay or write off the loan' then why are you on here?
                      I have settled HMRC and I advise all should (look at it as paying a parking ticket fine); My question is: why do we keep receiving these letters, SMS and emails from time to time?... Interested in knowing what is the process to stop this;

Comment

Working...
                      X