• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sense1 View Post
    What guarantees do you give to the readers that that will be achieved?
    Which authorities did WTT notify/work with?
    He can't give any guarantees.

For a start, he doesn't know how far Gladstones/Felicitas will pursue this. (FWIW, I think they are fishing for easy pickings, low hanging fruit. Send out 1000 demands, and there's every chance you'll get a few people who cough up. Personally, I can't see them shelling out to take matters to court.)

I do know that he dealt with similar demands, a couple of years ago, with another scheme (Montpelier). He used a city law firm to draft rebuttal letters, and eventually Montpelier gave up pursuing people.

At the end of the day, you've got 4 choices:
    1) ignore them
    2) respond to them yourself
    3) hire your own lawyers (very expensive)
    4) use the likes of webberg (cheaper than hiring your own lawyers)

Take your pick.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      I said earlier that a few minutes on Google and an hour reading the thread would answer pretty much all your points.

I repeat that.

This is my last response to you.
      Thank you Webber; by evidence, believe the readers would be interested in knowing how the process went when you solved similar case in 2015;

from WTT website:
      WTT Statement on IQ Consultants,IQ Contracts, Garraway Ltd, Darwin and Sanzar

Comment

Thank you Webber; by evidence, believe the readers would be interested in knowing how the process went when you solved similar case in 2015;

from WTT website:
        WTT Statement on IQ Consultants,IQ Contracts, Garraway Ltd, Darwin and Sanzar
        Knock yourself out... https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...t=montpellierK
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

My question is: why do we keep receiving these letters, SMS and emails from time to time?... Interested in knowing what is the process to stop this;
          The why is the easy bit. You have climbed into bed with some rather unscrupulous people who operate mass marketed tax avoidance schemes. They have sold you a product which HMRC claim doesn't achieve what it initially claimed. You are now getting billed for that tax.

The scheme operators sense that loan write offs could be a way to squeeze some more fees out of you and are having a speculative punt. As has already been said many times in this thread - the fact that the amounts have been taxed as income doesn't automatically mean that the loans are not valid.

You will need to read the whole thread, gather together your documents (or make a SAR) and present them to a solicitor with a background in contract law. If Gladstone try to enforce in a Court (highly unlikely IMHO) you will get your chance to contest. Alternatively you can do it all yourself or join a collective where the professional fees are shared.

One thing which won't help however is coming on here and having a pop at webberg. While he is acting professionally he observes the touting for business rules of the forum and spends a disproportionate amount of time dispensing free advice.

Comment

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
            One thing which won't help however is coming on here and having a pop at webberg. While he is acting professionally he observes the touting for business rules of the forum and spends a disproportionate amount of time dispensing free advice.
            I second that.

I think that you have all the information you require Sense1
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Non-PC version.
                Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 22:29.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

LOL @ deal. It's the professional forum and I was trying to be professional. I like your wording better.

Comment

Strength in numbers

Originally posted by piebaps View Post
                    LOL @ deal. It's the professional forum and I was trying to be professional. I like your wording better.
                    We should all act professionally and whilst we are all P***ed with these lowlife, let's all stand together, strength in numbers. Join WTT for professional advice and help, I for one have and feel a little more comfortable in having done so.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Excuse my ignorance, I may have missed something? But looking through that thread, I can't see what the conclusions of the Montpellier scheme was. I've never heard of that scheme until now. I assume it's similar to the Sanzar scheme. Did WTT successfully sort this out for their clients?

I have engaged with WTT, but not taken them up on their offer as yet, as I have yet to receive a letter asking for the money back. Merely the letter saying the 'debt' has been transferred.

Comment

Working...
                      X