• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnhappyRed View Post
    Yes Ive received one today like yours
    Yes, I came home last night to another letter dated 17th Feb demanding payment by 28th February - this one was offering the option of monthly payments.

I disputed the first one by email

This whole thing is making me feel ill

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
      Yes, I came home last night to another letter dated 17th Feb demanding payment by 28th February - this one was offering the option of monthly payments.

I disputed the first one by email

This whole thing is making me feel ill
      Why did you dispute it? Big mistake.

Ignore and they will go away.

Comment

Query

If the the loan agreement is governed by IOM laws/courts, why are they using solicitors from England to send these letters out?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Why did you dispute it? Big mistake.

Ignore and they will go away.
          Because a couple of people on here who appeared to be talking sense had advised to do so.

Thanks for that 'big mistake' comment Brillo, that makes me feel a whole lot better.......not

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
            Because a couple of people on here who appeared to be talking sense had advised to do so.

Thanks for that 'big mistake' comment Brillo, that makes me feel a whole lot better.......not
            Unlike Brillo I actually don't think they will go away, the money involved for them is too high and if even 1 or 2 people have paid something they now have the money to move to the next stage.

What I would suggest is going either WTT or ETCtax as what you want is to offload the issue to someone else (that at least should make you feel slightly better).

Take your pick of the 2 companies and just use their letters - my biggest concern is that people say something that may make the loans valid so sending letters from people that know what to write is just a sensible option.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by neveragain View Post
              If the the loan agreement is governed by IOM laws/courts, why are they using solicitors from England to send these letters out?
              Because they can at this stage and Gladstones are far more cavalier in their attitude and approach than the smaller IoM firms probably are.

The IoM firms equally probably want nothing to do with dodgy money chasing - Gladstones don't care whether the claim is valid or not.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by neveragain View Post
                In the IOM there are no solicitors. Instead there are advocates. This is a cross between a solicitor and a barrister. Additionally, IOM advocates are not allowed to work on a no win/no fee basis. If Felictas wanted to use an IOM firm, they would have to pay up front.

Comment

I'm new, and been Gladstoned!!!

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, I've also received a letter from Gladstones Solicitors yesterday demanding near on £20K loan interest payments by the 28th Feb. I've read a good percentage of the current thread - near on 75 pages.

Me personally, I'm not going to be engaging with Gladstones via email or phone. Although I did send WTT an email last night asking for assistance.

Unsure if this is the case for anyone else, but this is the first letter I've received in a long long time in regards to these loan payments,

For info, I was with Darwin and IQ from 2010 - December 2013.

All I've had in the past was APN notices from the HMRC for those time periods, WTT helped me in the past with these, so I'm hoping WTT can assist with this demand from Gladstones

From my perspective I will not be paying anything to Gladstones at this stage

All the best

Comment

Deleted due to stupid responses. I have nothing more to say on this thread.
                    Last edited by BrilloPad; 21 February 2020, 11:58.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Unlike Brillo I actually don't think they will go away, the money involved for them is too high and if even 1 or 2 people have paid something they now have the money to move to the next stage.

What I would suggest is going either WTT or ETCtax as what you want is to offload the issue to someone else (that at least should make you feel slightly better).

Take your pick of the 2 companies and just use their letters - my biggest concern is that people say something that may make the loans valid so sending letters from people that know what to write is just a sensible option.
                      Thank you eek, I appreciate this.

As I think I've said before on here, I don't profess to have the knowledge that some people such as Matt Wills and Webberg have on this subject and I find me trawling through page after page of comment and counter comment. Prior to reading your post I had looked at ETC and will also look at WTT and look to 'offload' as you said.

Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                      X