• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
    Been a few weeks now since the initial 'panic' etc., Just wanted to see how everyone was coping, things have gone very quiet for me personally but rest assured I will update as soon as I have news.

I have joined the ETCTax group so I am seeing how that goes too.

Stay strong all - united we can beat this or at the very least cost us a lot less to fight it.

Have a great weekend - stay safe from the actual storms!

Yeah likewise, gone quiet my end too but my letter only arrived the other week. There will be no doubt those who got the letter first that must have expired the 14 day payment period by now - any follow up from Gladstones or news from either FSA / SRA for those who reported?

I am sitting tight but still in my 14 day period and have entered into no communication with them - my personal choice.

I think some people have been scared off from posting on here as there are likely people 'watching' the boards. As long as we're not giving away tactics, secrets, who we're engaging with then we should feel free to post but just be really conscious of the content of our posts - it's easy to give away too much information without realising. In essence all we're saying on this forum is -

Sharing if you have you got a letter or not - yeah, me too and needed something for the log burner.

Saying this is surely a windup - yep it surely cannot be legit but lets share thoughts.

Stating that the people demanding our hard earned money are somewhat dubious - yep that seems to be the case.

Saying we're going to do something about it - hell yeah, or hell no in some cases pending how your boat is floated.

Seeing if there are people out there who can help - yep there is, so engage if you want to it's your choice.

Sharing opinions - yep...and some opinions we may not like or understand others point of view but that's fine too - just get it off your chest it will make you feel 100% better.

Supporting each other - life can be crap sometimes but stay positive.

I feel better already.

Comment

Originally posted by seriouslyman View Post
      Yeah likewise, gone quiet my end too but my letter only arrived the other week. There will be no doubt those who got the letter first that must have expired the 14 day payment period by now - any follow up from Gladstones or news from either FSA / SRA for those who reported?

I am sitting tight but still in my 14 day period and have entered into no communication with them - my personal choice.

I think some people have been scared off from posting on here as there are likely people 'watching' the boards. As long as we're not giving away tactics, secrets, who we're engaging with then we should feel free to post but just be really conscious of the content of our posts - it's easy to give away too much information without realising. In essence all we're saying on this forum is -

Sharing if you have you got a letter or not - yeah, me too and needed something for the log burner.

Saying this is surely a windup - yep it surely cannot be legit but lets share thoughts.

Stating that the people demanding our hard earned money are somewhat dubious - yep that seems to be the case.

Saying we're going to do something about it - hell yeah, or hell no in some cases pending how your boat is floated.

Seeing if there are people out there who can help - yep there is, so engage if you want to it's your choice.

Sharing opinions - yep...and some opinions we may not like or understand others point of view but that's fine too - just get it off your chest it will make you feel 100% better.

Supporting each other - life can be crap sometimes but stay positive.

I feel better already.
      Good to see a serious man posting. More posters like this please.

Comment

I cant believe any of you are actually giving any credence to these letters. Put them straight in the bin where they belong and do not correspond by any means.
        These are professional (and I use that term loosely) scams based on very thin legal grounds.
        They are using valid data and playing a statistical game of fear, do not entertain them! After this wave has passed, you should expect another (who would have likely bought the data). By then experience will have turned to wisdom as you raise a smile and toss it towards the shredder.

Trash all correspondence now and treat them as you would any telephone call with a few seconds silence followed by someone insisting you had a vehicle accident you didnt know about.

Nothing will come of this, so tear it up and have some peace of mind.

HMRC are the only people you should be dealing with, if indeed they have caught up with your mistakes.
        Last edited by creativity; 29 February 2020, 01:43.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
          I cant believe any of you are actually giving any credence to these letters. Put them straight in the bin where they belong and do not correspond by any means.
          These are professional (and I use that term loosely) scams based on very thin legal grounds.
          They are using valid data and playing a statistical game of fear, do not entertain them! After this wave has passed, you should expect another (who would have likely bought the data). By then experience will have turned to wisdom as you raise a smile and toss it towards the shredder.

Trash all correspondence now and treat them as you would any telephone call with a few seconds silence followed by someone insisting you had a vehicle accident you didnt know about.

HMRC are the only people you should be dealing with, if indeed they have caught up with your mistakes.
          In many ways I agree with this(and others disagree).

Just remember HMRC are bullies and some cannot face up to them. Those would be better off with an adviser. 7 LC suicides now. No more please. If anyone is upset please ping me - I have helped quite a few but always room for one more. I have been through the HMRC bullying at the sharp end(12 years now and counting) and I can get you through this.

Other people can help - there are many here(including of course webberg).

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post

If I was planning to shakedown a set of loan users my approach would be:-

1) Demand money in such a way enough pay up that allow me to move to phase 2
            2) Identify an individual who in their denial said far too much - that evidence can then be used in phase 3
            3) Take that individual to court - this if won gives you precedence
            4) with said precedent and the money from 3 move on to everyone else.

My concern throughout this battle is that people accidentally line themselves up to be step 3 by saying too much in their initial response which is why my advice has always been do nothing or joint someone who knows the detail and doesn't say the wrong thing.

Sadly I suspect their plan has worked and they may now have everything they need to move to step 3 which if I'm correct may mean a long period of silence with holding pattern letters until step 3 is complete.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Taxnovice
              Mod perhaps this should be deleted to stop feeding the loan sharks any potential ideas?
              Why? That's the playbook used for similar court cases for 100+ years.. When I've asked for details to be removed it's because its because they contain arguments that could be used in court this is just the age old approach of how do I leverage up what I have at little cost to myself as done for time immemorial
              Last edited by eek; 29 February 2020, 10:44.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Taxnovice
                Mod perhaps this should be deleted to stop feeding the loan sharks any potential ideas?
                Then why did you quote it?

You should be more worried about people posting how worried they are on a public forum. They would be better off joining LCAG and their closed forum.

Comment

Can I suggest that as the initial run of letters has been sent and responded to and we are now in a pause, it is time to play a sensible game?

Felicitas/Gladstones probably have a plan which includes a series of letters (2 iterations? 3? more?).

We have planned our response on that basis and having been through these hoops before, have a fair idea of what is coming.

So whilst I see above "advice" (from an anonymous source who has what experience?) to use the letters for firelighters and the like, the reality is that unless you take the situation seriously and actually respond in a responsible and serious manner, you may not arrive where you want.

I would therefore caution following the advice of those who do not have some knowledge in this space.

I would agree that venting and raging is best done in a private forum. Mr Brillo Pad says that LCAG has a forum. We certainly have one. I'm aware that other groups also have them.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Trust Punisher View Post
                    Matt thanks for the update. I too was thinking the same, ie....dispute, asking various questions and contact the FCA and Police/Fraud Office - as i have nothing to hide and complied with HMRC/rulings....But will also take your suggestion about reporting Gladstone to the SRA.

cheers
                    TP
                    Iv had same letter from Gladstones, subsequently written to both Gladstones and Felicitas denying any loan is outstanding and for them to prove their integrity, by way of supplying loan agreement, statements and how they obtained any documents. No response from either 2 weeks passed.
                    In my case many companies have since been liquidated and in no time have I been communicated in the 6 years I dissolved my initial dealings with xx and they or anyone else has advised me of anything!

Comment

Demand letter

Good morning

I also have been sent one of these letters, from the forum I have just connected with etctax.co.uk see what response I get back and where we go from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X