• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WJK View Post
    Iv had same letter from Gladstones, subsequently written to both Gladstones and Felicitas denying any loan is outstanding and for them to prove their integrity, by way of supplying loan agreement, statements and how they obtained any documents. No response from either 2 weeks passed.
    In my case many companies have since been liquidated and in no time have I been communicated in the 6 years I dissolved my initial dealings with xx and they or anyone else has advised me of anything!
    Exactly. These people will dissolve and disappear hence why all correspondence should be shredded. If you go down the road of replying and god forbid spending money on advisors than it's been a double waste of time.

I also got involved with using these loan schemes (long time ago) and I've seen three such attempts on my data where they insist I need to pay the loan back etc etc all companies are now dissolved.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 23:15.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Can I suggest that as the initial run of letters has been sent and responded to and we are now in a pause, it is time to play a sensible game?

Felicitas/Gladstones probably have a plan which includes a series of letters (2 iterations? 3? more?).

We have planned our response on that basis and having been through these hoops before, have a fair idea of what is coming.

So whilst I see above "advice" (from an anonymous source who has what experience?) to use the letters for firelighters and the like, the reality is that unless you take the situation seriously and actually respond in a responsible and serious manner, you may not arrive where you want.

I would therefore caution following the advice of those who do not have some knowledge in this space.

I would agree that venting and raging is best done in a private forum. Mr Brillo Pad says that LCAG has a forum. We certainly have one. I'm aware that other groups also have them.
      I would advise others not to overreact and treat the letters for what they are: fear mongering for financial gain. History tells us nothing will come about and they will be dissolved if enough of you ignore them, or at the least pay them nothing.
      The only people standing to gain is the legal scammers and the advisors who will happily tell you to take everything seriously (that's their job).

Time will tell. So let's see what happens after this 'pause' Webberg. My guess is, maybe another round of fear, extending time limits before....vanishing.
      Last edited by creativity; 2 March 2020, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by creativity View Post
        I would advise others not to overreact and treat the letters for what they are: fear mongering for financial gain. History tells us nothing will come about and they will be dissolved if enough of you ignore them, or at the least pay them nothing.
        The only people standing to gain is the legal scammers and the advisors who will happily tell you to take everything seriously (that's their job).

Time will tell. So let's see what happens after this 'pause' Webberg. My guess is, maybe another round of fear, extending time limits before....vanishing.
        Some cannot cope with it. They need an adviser.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Some cannot cope with it. They need an adviser.
          either way I would still be responding with etctax's letter - give them all the work to do....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well, let's hope you're correct.

In the meantime we will carry on treating them seriously.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst.

Comment

And I thought I was cynical.
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I know who I'd be contacting if I were in this kind of situation. Thanks for your work on this.

Comment

Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
                    I know who I'd be contacting if I were in this kind of situation. Thanks for your work on this.
                    Between us four colleagues, one has gone with WTT, one with Etctax and two will be ignoring all correspondence.

We'll be touching base at three month intervals to see how each one fares.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfly View Post
                      Between us four colleagues, one has gone with WTT, one with Etctax and two will be ignoring all correspondence.

We'll be touching base at three month intervals to see how each one fares.
                      This may prove an interesting behavioural experiment on the scammers.

----------------

As an aside, I think they're a bit dumb demanding large sums of money. They would have been better off charging a few hundred quid admin fee for writing off the loans and providing advice on settlement, IHT etc.
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X